Greetings from Winterfell.

buffalojump

Wait I mean Texas. Fort Worth specifically. I should probably lay off Game of Thrones.

I'm 28 years old and have been in the field for about 15 years. Very passionate about hunting but Please don't mistake passion for talent: I'm not actually very good at it no matter how hard I try.

Prosit!

Last edited:
Welcome. My lack of skill is very apparent and only overcome by volume of days afield.

Welcome to the best forum out there. Like you, I love the hunt even if my collection of un-notched tags is getting a bit unruly. I try and offset too few days afield with lots of rifle shooting and hunting critters with the camera. What's your favorite hunt?

Welcome to the best forum out there. Like you, I love the hunt even if my collection of un-notched tags is getting a bit unruly. I try and offset too few days afield with lots of rifle shooting and hunting critters with the camera. What's your favorite hunt?

I haven't found my favorite yet so I keep looking! Next month I'll be chasing bears in New Mexico, September I'll be in New Mexico and Colorado for Elk. October I'll be in Wyoming for pronghorn. And November is always reserved for Kansas Whitetail. Somewhere I'll find the time to hunt deer in my home state.

Welcome the winterfell caught my eye. I love GOT. Great forum you will like it here.

I'd say that we (Montana where Hunt Talk is from - great forum) are more like Winterfell than Texas. ;) I moved from Texas to Montana, trading 8 months of summer for 8 months of winter. It was a wee bit cooler the other night, reminding me that snow is not that far off.

I'd say that we (Montana where Hunt Talk is from - great forum) are more like Winterfell than Texas. ;) I moved from Texas to Montana, trading 8 months of summer for 8 months of winter. It was a wee bit cooler the other night, reminding me that snow is not that far off.

It's been 100 degrees the past two weeks. I would kill for cooler right now! I can only get so naked.

I've never been to Montana. I've been a big fan of Mr. Newberg for a while. Even met him at the RMEF convention in Vegas last December. I've lurked on this forum for a while. Solid group of guys. Happy to be here.

Last edited:
Back