Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

OnX Hunt Online Map Questions

Colberjs

I'm trying to figure how to edit my maps online and then sync that information to my iPhone app. What website do I need to use or do I need to buy something to have that capability?

Thanks

This is an exchange I had with the onX rep via messaging back in May. Not sure if they released what he refers to below to meet your need. If you learn anything new please post.

onXmaps said:
Khunter said:
How do I make a track and other markups on phone version of software and move it to computer for other use?

you used to have a beta app/website that no longer seems to work?

thanks!

We currently do not have that capability. We are going to release a web version of our App which will allow you to sync all mark ups, tracks, etc. It will be released this summer.

that would be good , I use the web version a lot to 'scout' areas and it would be nice to be able to transfer to my iPhone

How are you accessing the web version? I'd be happy with that for now just to do some scouting on a larger screen.

You can use the old-old beta version here my.onxmaps.com Click viewer.

We are finishing up the new online version to sync tracks and import your own personal data and then have them on your phone and computer. We will be getting it out here in the next couple weeks. You won't be able to miss the launch!!

Matt

I evidently was able to "miss the launch." I use Onx Maps on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air. All three platforms have different data, different waypoints, different saved areas, etc. And I cannot find any capability to sync that data so all three of my devices have the same maps, waypoints, lines, etc. I would have thought this capability (which, with all due respect, has been a feature on other multi-device apps since the 1940's) would have been introduced in the FIRST version of the iPhone app.

Login to your account at onxmaps.com, use that same login and password on your device app, and when you have wifi or data service the device and the web map will synchronize. All your devices will need to use the same email and password as the web map (onxmaps.com). The latest iPhone app came out today, v4.4.0 which included waypoint sharing via text/email, etc.

The web map does not currently have the ability to create tracks nor import/export; those features are forthcoming.

I'd like to see your list of synchronizing internet apps from the 1940's...

Last edited:
Login to your account at onxmaps.com, use that same login and password on your device app, and when you have wifi or data service the device and the web map will synchronize. All your devices will need to use the same email and password as the web map (onxmaps.com). The latest iPhone app came out today, v4.4.0 which included waypoint sharing via text/email, etc.

The web map does not currently have the ability to create tracks nor import/export; those features are forthcoming.

I'd like to see your list of synchronizing internet apps from the 1940's...

Hell, even the 1990's would be slim pickins.

I am going to purchase the app to be used on my phone. I currently have a droid and am switching to the iphone within a month or two. If I purchase the product now for my droid, will it work seamlessly when I make the change to ios? Or would it be better to wait to purchase onX until I switch phones.

Thanks,

Scott

I have it on my daily use iPhone but for hunting I have it on an android that isn't connected to a provider. The droid has more memory, which I needed for the the areas I hunted this year. Works fine on both.

"1940's" might have been a little facetious. But it was not at all evident that my saved tracks, areas, points and lines were transferring between my iPad and iPhone (signed in with identical logins on both devices). I have now found that if I log out, and log back in, my iPad will show stuff I added to my iPhone, and vice versa. So the app syncs across devices, as described. My bad.

Now how about a "sync" button somewhere in the app?

I had to log out then back in for the initial sync but have not had to do that again. I have not read where a user is doing that on a continual basis.
Remembering back, my account was created prior to the V4 updates as well as some others that had to log out and back in.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back