Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Blind Creek Outfitters Black Bear Review?

Ttannahill14

Anyone been to or know anyone who has any experience with Blind Creek Outfitters out of Manitoba. http://www.blindcreekoutfitters.ca/

Seems like a low overhead Mom and Pap type outfitter. Which I'm down with, their prices are affordable and I'm more just interested in shooting my first bear, not worried about size or anything. Found 3 reviews online, 2 were great, 1 was bad.

Let me know if anyone has been to this specific outfitter or even the area about 100 miles north of winnepeg.

Any other affordable outfitters I'm open to. I'm driving so Manitoba is probably the best option. Under $2500, I have a hard time paying more than that for a baited bear hunt.

I've done some looking into spring bear hunts. Both Idaho and Maine have outfitters than meet your price threshold. Just an option to consider.

The ones in Maine are not conducted through the state as they do not have a spring season, but on Native American lands.

Manitoba is by far a closer drive for me from Kansas. So that is why I have been focusing my efforts there. Also looking forward to the fishing of Canada so Manitoba makes a lot of sense for me.

I guess I can broaden the questions up a little.... Does anyone have any experience with mom and pap type outfitters. This looks like an older retired couple looking to make a little extra cash. I know you get what you pay for but we're talking a black bear hunt here not a dall sheep. Any opinions on if mom and paps are decent or if I should pay a little extra and get a full blown outfitter.

Never hired an outfitter. Good reaction. I would probably trust Mom and Pop anytime! Hope you do well!

Blind Creek IS a small mom and pop operation. But Walter Dmyterko is an excellent hunter with an incredible knowledge of the game in the Interlake region of Manitoba. I have hunted whitetail 4 times, moose once, and a three-man hunt for black bear in the fall of 2015. Two of us shot big bears, and the third hunter missed a monster. You won't be sorry if you give Walter a try. Marv Q

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back