Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A wolf's journey from the Beartooth to Billings

Thanks guys! The nostalgia may be wearing off just a little now. I am probably averaging about 10 minutes after walking through the door before i go look at him, instead of it being the first thing I did there for the first few days.

I was extremely nervous about how it would turn out because there is just so much predator taxidermy out there that is either sub-par or just seems to not look quite right- like there's something off. I told the taxidermist exactly what I wanted with pictures, and even caught my dog kind of making the same face and snapped a pic, and he re-created it perfectly.
He really went out of his way to add in every detail, like making the teeth look the way the real ones did, all broken and worn down, dirty etc...
The pictures in the shop do no justice compared to out in natural light.

Yes it is at Stone Mountain Safaris! jryoung, I take it you've hunted with them before? That wolf I think is the best colored wolf I've ever seen! MTGomers is the nicest mount with the rocks and skull!

If anyone is a Huntin'Fool subscriber... the story of this hunt is in the October issue.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back