MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Suggestion for future episodes....

I would like to see another Public Land Turkey Hunt. The only other Turkey Episode I've seen ( Might have been OYOA ) was epic with the last minute finish, and the early switch from Bow -> Shotgun. Also, something in Eastern Washington or Oregon.

I also think every season should have a bonus episode with behind the scenes stuff, or a compilation of all the things that went wrong during the season. Some of the off-camera stories like the ones heard in some of the podcasts would make for a refreshing change of pace, as well as a look into the mechanics of making a show like FT or OYOA.

1. DIY "Ham Slam" - chase wild pigs in California, Javelina in AZ and pigs anywhere in the Southeast that is 'public land'. And yes I realize technically a Javelina is not a pig....but, makes for a tidy trio of hunts in very different parts of the country for some interesting animals. Also, If I am not mistaken, Don Thomas coined the "Ham Slam" in one of his books. Credit where credit is due.

2. If not already planned, add in Javelina on the upcoming Coues hunt; those little guys are a ton of fun to hunt.

3. Hawaiian "Surf and Turf" - wild hogs, axis deer and goats then head to the ocean for some fishing and/or spearfishing. End the show with the mother of all cookouts on the beach.

(If you go with number three, I make a mean Mai Tai as well as look awful in a hula skirt, but can carry heavy loads a long ways with minimal complaining and lots of sarcastic comments.)

First of all let me say that all of your episodes have been amazing. My 15 year old son and I are big fans. I have noticed quite a few posts here from people who are completely new to elk hunting and want the most basic advice so maybe an episode of Elk 101, going over the most simple aspects of elk hunting. Also, I see quite a few posts from women and quite a few pictures of young female hunters so maybe put a few episodes together with the emphasis on women hunters. The young hunters are the future of our sport so maybe you could work with some of the younger kids. Also, how about late season or damage elk hunts?

I have always wanted a women's hunt or teenage women hunt. This group is the future of hunting. My only reservation is the physical strength to get the animal out of the field. Need husbands, sons. brothers or friends to help.

Not being chauvinistic, at 63, I have the same reservations about myself.

haven't seen any episodes out of Idaho, i know only so many days in the year but looks like a state being skipped over, or maybe into washington/oregon to keep the western theme but also switch things up a bit

A California archery spot and stock bear hunt. Going after them in the berry bushes where you can get very close. We have run video on some but it's low quality. Would be amazing watching Randy go after them w/ the high quality equipment used on the show.

3. Hawaiian "Surf and Turf" - wild hogs, axis deer and goats then head to the ocean for some fishing and/or spearfishing. End the show with the mother of all cookouts on the beach.

There are feral cattle in Hawaii, Vancouver bulls that have been wild since the 1700s. Chase one of those. They are the "Black Death" of North America.

There are feral cattle in Hawaii, Vancouver bulls that have been wild since the 1700s. Chase one of those. They are the "Black Death" of North America.

For us, if it is to be a TV episode, it will be native species. I would love to chase some of the ferals/non-natives, but native species have the conservation story we want to tell.

I personally would love to see a deer hunt out east like in NY, ME, NH, VT, OH or anywhere on the east coast. Even a Midwestern hunt would be appreciated. I read that you don't think you'll be going back east, but it cant hurt to let you know that you have fans that would be interested in it.

For YouTube, it would be cool to see some small-game/upland bird hunting or even some walleye fishing & walleye fishing tips.

How about a white tail hunt in Caddo National Grasslands in North Texas. Texas is something like 98% private lands, so a nice challenge for a public land hunter.

That would be an episode I would like to watch, but it also needs Janis Putelis and Ryan Callaghan.

Do what works best for you and the sponsors as I not as experienced with what sells or draws viewers. Love the shows the way they are and do my best to support the companies that support you. Like the hunt with Ole, one of the best, so more of that would be good. Not an elk hunter as mulies are king but never get tired of watching regardless of what the quarry is.

How about a mountain goat hunt in one of the western states?

Whatever you do, I wish you the best. We need more hunting advocates.

listening to the last podcast with marcus the camera man: I think it would be cool to do a video with your core camera men doing the hunting one cameraman carrying a rifle/bow the other the camera then 1/2 way through the episode switch.

for a youtube episode bring in marcus' father, bring in some of your family (your son, uncle, maybe drag your dear wife along) have the other camera man bring some of his family and just do a fun hunt close to a lodge somewhere: pheasants, whitetails, fishing? just something to say thanks from you guys that are on the road so much to your families that allow you to travel

Back