Yeti GOBOX Collection

Suggestion for future episodes....

I know you said Western big game, but knowing you're from Minnesota and that's where you learned to hunt.

It would be cool to see a show where you retrace you foot steps through you're old stomping grounds on a whitetail hunt. Focusing more on your history and learning the woods.

How about a desert mule deer hunt in southeastern New Mexico. Obtainable tags, lots of public land and some good deer.

I really enjoyed the episodes on E-Scouting that you did for the youtube channel. How about a similar episode where you plot out western Dairy Queen locations and the best Grouse hunting spots ; )

to echo what I'm sure has been said. Animals east of the Mississippi. South eastern states for wild boar as many states have a very open policy towards hunting invasives. Moose on either side of the country would be cool to see. Whitetails up in the Maine woods or on some of the surprising patches of land in Massachusetts (like the Elizabeth island chain)
There are also places that have populations of exotic species like Axis deer (Hawaii and I believe a few islands in Florida)

to echo what I'm sure has been said. Animals east of the Mississippi. South eastern states for wild boar as many states have a very open policy towards hunting invasives. Moose on either side of the country would be cool to see. Whitetails up in the Maine woods or on some of the surprising patches of land in Massachusetts (like the Elizabeth island chain)
There are also places that have populations of exotic species like Axis deer (Hawaii and I believe a few islands in Florida)

I'll reply only because Randy has said it before in this thread. His sponsors are big supporters of Western big game hunting. It's unlikely that he'll be to do any eastern whitetail or small game/hog stuff as the core customers of his sponsors are primarily interested in mule deer, elk, western whitetail, etc. A lot of hike in, hike out, DIY stuff.

But you're not alone, many of us would like to see some of that stuff! We just have to turn to Steve Rinella or another for it, LOL. If you haven't discovered MeatEater with Rinella yet, look it up. You'll like it.

Randy, i don't think any of us expect you to always fill your tag.in fact i think you fill more than expected.

That's something that surprised me when I started watching BigFin on TV, he actually had episodes where he did his best but nothing ended up on the wall or the freezer -- so much more authentic and relatable than the over-produced shows where every hunt brings home a B&C animal. Lot's of reasons Randy is the only outdoor show I watch, but this is definitely up on the list.

I'll reply only because Randy has said it before in this thread. His sponsors are big supporters of Western big game hunting. It's unlikely that he'll be to do any eastern whitetail or small game/hog stuff as the core customers of his sponsors are primarily interested in mule deer, elk, western whitetail, etc.

I finally got through the whole thread after I posted. I’ll check out the other show.

That's something that surprised me when I started watching BigFin on TV, he actually had episodes where he did his best but nothing ended up on the wall or the freezer -- so much more authentic and relatable than the over-produced shows where every hunt brings home a B&C animal. Lot's of reasons Randy is the only outdoor show I watch, but this is definitely up on the list.

I like BigFin's stuff too. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Meateater crew either. They're basically the only two that I like. Randy's stuff is just easier to get at if you don't have a netflix subscription. That is something that I definitely applaud him for. Making his content available to those who don't have cable TV.

As to this subject, I'd love to see an episode in good old North Dakota! If I remember correctly, they have done an episode or two here, but more are always welcome :)

I like BigFin's stuff too. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Meateater crew either. They're basically the only two that I like. Randy's stuff is just easier to get at if you don't have a netflix subscription. That is something that I definitely applaud him for. Making his content available to those who don't have cable TV.

As to this subject, I'd love to see an episode in good old North Dakota! If I remember correctly, they have done an episode or two here, but more are always welcome :)

I have watched a little Meateater and agree it is also better than the pack. A little too serious tone for my taste, I really like the casual/folksie nature of Randy's stuff. But just personal preference, no knock on Rinella.

I have watched a little Meateater and agree it is also better than the pack. A little too serious tone for my taste, I really like the casual/folksie nature of Randy's stuff. But just personal preference, no knock on Rinella.

I can definitely see that. No argument here. Both do a great job of showing hunting as it is, and not as it is imagined to be for the TV screen.

As a disabled hunter and a big fan of what Randy does, I second, A-5_Guy in wanting to see more episodes like the NM antelope, or an overview of what might be possible on public land for the disabled hunters out there....

Rinella and Randy are two of the three I can stand.

For pure hunting thats relatable to most people you can't beat Randy, gets me pumped to head out and I respect his attitude. None of that forced emotion or trying to make profound statements about hunting with pensive music in the background like nearly everyone seems to do these days. Just open and honest with all flaws and tribulations laid bare next to the success.

Rinella delves more into the detail and obviously has an emphasis on after the shot. That appeals to me as i love trying different things with game and have a big interest in hunting beyond the individual hunt itself.

Could they team up for an episode one day? That I'd pay to see!

I really suggest checking out an Aussie show called Beyond the Divide. The host is a guy from my state who I would say presents his show as a combination of what makes Randy and rinella great to watch.

I think to sum it up those three guys come across as humble and not ego filled which is unfortunately a rarity since the hunting community has become a hunting industry.

Last edited:
I really suggest checking out an Aussie show called Beyond the Divide. The host is a guy from my state who I would say presents his show as a combination of what makes Randy and rinella great to watch.

The short trailers look promising, but buying PAL encoded region 4 DVDs seems like the only way to watch (not going to work for me here in the US). I guess I will wait until he moves to a streaming platform.

The short trailers look promising, but buying PAL encoded region 4 DVDs seems like the only way to watch (not going to work for me here in the US). I guess I will wait until he moves to a streaming platform.

I'm pretty sure he's on the sportsman channel in the states now.

I got a great spot for a public land dry field waterfowl hunt. See what happens when thousands of mallards are landing on private property about 1/2 mile away from the public land. Put out 80 dozen decoys and 8-10 spinning wing decoys on the public land and pull the public’s birds on to the public’s land.

If you ever want to hunt NW mMontana Randy, I have horses to pack your gear in and your game out! All for the price of getting to meet you and help with your awesome show. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to what this year will bring .

I think a spring Snow Goose hunt would be awesome!

Hi Randy,
Thank you for doing all you do in support of our public lands. It was a pleasure to briefly meet you at the BHA Rendezvous. I live in San Francisco and took up hunting for the first time in 2017 (45 years old). Having grown up in Oregon and spent much of my childhood in the outdoors fishing and hiking I can tell you that the hunting in California is extremely underrated. Politics have clouded many hunters opinion of the hunting in CA--works in my favor...for now. I assure you a trip here for an episode would pay off with a great episode. Keep doing what you're doing.

Still am looking forward to a walleye episode, even if it's a mini one on youtube. Preferably with recognizable landmarks :thumbsup:

Back