Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsGuy View Post
    I have watched a little Meateater and agree it is also better than the pack. A little too serious tone for my taste, I really like the casual/folksie nature of Randy's stuff. But just personal preference, no knock on Rinella.
    I can definitely see that. No argument here. Both do a great job of showing hunting as it is, and not as it is imagined to be for the TV screen.
    Squirrel!!!

2. Default

As a disabled hunter and a big fan of what Randy does, I second, A-5_Guy in wanting to see more episodes like the NM antelope, or an overview of what might be possible on public land for the disabled hunters out there....

Rinella and Randy are two of the three I can stand.

For pure hunting thats relatable to most people you can't beat Randy, gets me pumped to head out and I respect his attitude. None of that forced emotion or trying to make profound statements about hunting with pensive music in the background like nearly everyone seems to do these days. Just open and honest with all flaws and tribulations laid bare next to the success.

Rinella delves more into the detail and obviously has an emphasis on after the shot. That appeals to me as i love trying different things with game and have a big interest in hunting beyond the individual hunt itself.

Could they team up for an episode one day? That I'd pay to see!

I really suggest checking out an Aussie show called Beyond the Divide. The host is a guy from my state who I would say presents his show as a combination of what makes Randy and rinella great to watch.

I think to sum it up those three guys come across as humble and not ego filled which is unfortunately a rarity since the hunting community has become a hunting industry.
    Last edited by Aussie_hunter_JD; 02-01-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_hunter_JD View Post

I really suggest checking out an Aussie show called Beyond the Divide. The host is a guy from my state who I would say presents his show as a combination of what makes Randy and rinella great to watch.
    The short trailers look promising, but buying PAL encoded region 4 DVDs seems like the only way to watch (not going to work for me here in the US). I guess I will wait until he moves to a streaming platform.
    "Freedom is NOT Free"

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsGuy View Post
    The short trailers look promising, but buying PAL encoded region 4 DVDs seems like the only way to watch (not going to work for me here in the US). I guess I will wait until he moves to a streaming platform.
    I'm pretty sure he's on the sportsman channel in the states now.

I got a great spot for a public land dry field waterfowl hunt. See what happens when thousands of mallards are landing on private property about 1/2 mile away from the public land. Put out 80 dozen decoys and 8-10 spinning wing decoys on the public land and pull the public’s birds on to the public’s land.

If you ever want to hunt NW mMontana Randy, I have horses to pack your gear in and your game out! All for the price of getting to meet you and help with your awesome show. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to what this year will bring .
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Quote Originally Posted by OhHeyThereBen View Post
    I like BigFin's stuff too. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Meateater crew either. They're basically the only two that I like. Randy's stuff is just easier to get at if you don't have a netflix subscription. That is something that I definitely applaud him for. Making his content available to those who don't have cable TV.

As to this subject, I'd love to see an episode in good old North Dakota! If I remember correctly, they have done an episode or two here, but more are always welcome
    I think a spring Snow Goose hunt would be awesome!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567