Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default

What about a spot and stalk or calling mountain lion hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Is the Nevada hunt with Randy and his son posted someplace? I did a quick YouTube search this a.m and didn't come across it.
    I was going to be all excited and say "yeah! of course it is." Then I looked at what was live on YouTube. It's not posted yet. Soon, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka shooter View Post
    I think you should have an episode of hunting with your wife. Also was wondering how you get to hunt so much throughout the year, away from the family. Maybe a family hunting trip would be a good episode, or couple of episodes.

I have young children and try to get them watching hunting shows, take them on quad rides, etc. Tough to get a trip away 7hr drive, small kids out in the woods to hunt. Wife is not into the hunting thing, but never complains about eating bacon wrapped elk tenderloins.

Perhaps another idea for a show is showing people how to butcher their own meat once it's home and has been hanging a couple of days. To me, butchering/wrapping your own is where the true meaning of hunting really is. All that work to get an animal, and then process it into roasts/steaks/sausage is where the time in the hunt truly pays off.

And while your at it, maybe some wild game recipes / cooking.

Anyhow keep up the good work. Really appreciate your enthusiasm.
    I would love to see a female hunter on the show. As a woman, that would really mean a lot to me, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by desertsage View Post
    I would love to see a female hunter on the show. As a woman, that would really mean a lot to me, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    There was a female hunter as part of the Hunt Talk Bear Hunt in season 4 of Fresh Tracks (https://youtu.be/4RHqYQZ7ACo) but so far no episodes have really focused on a female. It is on our list to do if we can find the right person and right story.

5. Default

How about a state by state budget hunt. A lot of Sportsmen and people who want to hunt are on a tight budget. You could do a Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming $300 total hunt. Your a resident of that state and we spot you a gun (if you don't have a gun howa is a fine budget rifle, cheap but not cheaply made) and a truck and the rest is in that budget. Fuel, groceries, tag, license, etc. Is it hard? Yep, but people do it all the time. I think we all remember nights in a $20 Wal-mart tent eating beanie weeny out of a can heated by fire with blankets to sleep in. However we were still excited to be out. Newcomers may not know by watching hunting shows because we use good gear how to hunt on a budget. You could split the same hunt and say this is your $200, $300, $400 options.

A predator hunt- Coyote, Wolf, Lion. Calling or spot and stalk. Also skinning and field care for the same species. Depending on how you want it mounted, rugged, or for sale you need to skin differently.

More trapping- It's a good way to make some extra cash, It's fun, can get you an in with a landowner if you save some cattle, and it helps game populations.

Field judging age of animals.

Care for a cape and head on a big game hunt- Fleshing, salting and so on. It's not always needed but good to know if you need to.

Muzzleloader hunts.

Handicap/Disabled accessible hunts- Hunters with a valid handicap sticker get access to more roads in Idaho and can hunt from the road. They are allowed a companion to help. Wilderness hunts are awesome. But with a wheelchair bound mother and aging companions I always try to think of things they can do if they want to go. One of my favorites was watching Ole deer hunt. It made me want to call my dad up and take him hunting.

Caribou, sheep, or goat in Alaska. Also the budget to do it. Like you did for bear. I REALLY enjoyed seeing it could be done on a modest budget.

Bear hunting over bait. How to properly set a bear bait.
    Last edited by Firedude; 08-30-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456