Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Predator Night Hunting Light?

jnagel32

Just wondering what light everyone uses and what you guys recommend for predator hunting at night? Looking for both rifle mounted lights and scanning lights. I'm looking to get out a little more for coyotes and foxes this fall.

Stay away from Laser Genetics. I bought one for around $500, it totally quit just after the 1 year warranty expired, and was told to pound sand.

I use sniper hog lights. I have a 50mm mounted and use a 66mm for scanning. Well made and really reach out, fully adjustable

I'm really liking that Primos gun light. I'm out on the front porch most nights around 10 pm, and it has enough beam for me to see to the front gate, which is about 130ish yards. I have found that it works best to keep the scope power on the low end of the variable scale. That gets me most light and field of view, which of course is obvious but is also what I ignored a couple of times. I haven't gone the 12 volt route yet. I put the battery on a string loop that I put around my neck, but the battery is heavy and two of them seems a bit much. From critter watching, I'll say that possums, skunks, raccoons and hogs don't get too worried when the light hits them. Deer run like crazy. Haven't had a coyote in the light yet, so I don't know how that's going to go.I just purchased the VRL-1 Ultimate Kit and the VRL-1 Scanning Light https://bestoutdooritems.com/predator-hunting-lights-reviews/ These lights were very affordable. I have not yet used them in the field, but I expect that they will act very strongly. Between the light mounted on the gun with red and green LEDs, scanning light, 2 rechargeable batteries, wall charger and car charger, and gun mounts, I spent only 230 dollars.On YouTube there are many useful videos on this topic, if interesting, then look necessarily

[video=youtube;U0bsxFPVFZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bsxFPVFZs[/video]

Last edited:
I have an Orion predator H30 and it is a great little light, red led for me. Bought it from Longhorn Tactical.
I use the quick scope mount. Works well out to 150 yds and farther but I have not used it at 300 yds. It works quite well off the gun as a small spotter too. We'll probably get a green one too.

DSCN0667 (960x720).jpg

I use Night Eyes and would definitely recommend them. (Nighteyeslights.com) They have scan lights in red, red/white, green, green/white, and red/green/white. They also have multiple gun light options and colors... red, green, white, infared, as well as in two different sizes. I have the dual color beam headlamp/scan light that I can switch back and forth between red and white. I also have both sizes of their gun lights (both in red). I've been very happy with the purchases I've made from Night Eyes. Owner is retired Law Enforcement, and a lifelong predator hunter. Definitely worth checking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back