Wagon jumper

I hope for Golden State sake that the center picked up from Dallas can play defense. They will be an offensive juggernaut, but very suspect defensively against a good big front line.

They might get a veteran or a few to play for the league minimum just to get a title. I think they will be fine.

Curry will be the 4th highest paid player on the team til after next year. I like Durant...wish him good things.

Always liked Durant and rooted for him in GS series but I agree with Steven A Smith on this one, very weak move. He was up 3-1 on the Warriors and they let it slip away.

And the argument could be made it was his fault, even if only partly. I like KD. At the same time, I hope GS tanks. mtmuley

....just as the argument could be made that he was the reason they were up 3-1. Good fodder for Stephen A's twerpy mouthing.;)

Pretty crappy 4th of July ever for me. 6 month old son and I both wake up with 101+ temperatures and then KD leaves us for Golden State. It wasn't a good start to the day. Obviously I am a Thunder fan, but that is so weak to run off to the team that beat you. Especially after all he said back in 2010 about wanting to play here his entire career, talked crap about everybody wanting to play for lakers and heat instead of being competitive and going at those guys... You have them down 3-1, lose game 5, come home and have a 7 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game to finish them, you go 10 for 31 that game and end up losing the series. So you go and join them!?!?!? I heard this morning another league exec said this would be the equivalent of Jordan going to play for Detroit when the bad boys were kicking his butt back in the day. I'm a little bitter.

Oh and we are probably going to lose Westbrook in free agency next year. It was nice while it lasted.

Pretty crappy 4th of July ever for me. 6 month old son and I both wake up with 101+ temperatures and then KD leaves us for Golden State. It wasn't a good start to the day. Obviously I am a Thunder fan, but that is so weak to run off to the team that beat you. Especially after all he said back in 2010 about wanting to play here his entire career, talked crap about everybody wanting to play for lakers and heat instead of being competitive and going at those guys... You have them down 3-1, lose game 5, come home and have a 7 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game to finish them, you go 10 for 31 that game and end up losing the series. So you go and join them!?!?!? I heard this morning another league exec said this would be the equivalent of Jordan going to play for Detroit when the bad boys were kicking his butt back in the day. I'm a little bitter.

Oh and we are probably going to lose Westbrook in free agency next year. It was nice while it lasted.

Can't imagine what that must be like, feeling like your NBA team is ripped away from you like that. :D

Man I was having a good day and had completely forgot now I'm sad again. What happened to loyalty ? That being said in all honesty he has a better chance of getting a ring on his finger with the Warriors can't blame a guy for looking out for himself. But I don't have to be happy about it.

He should have been playing for a ring THIS year. His team handles GS, then chokes. Now he bolts for GS and people are happy for him? I don't get it. mtmuley

Atheletes of every sport have no loyalty to their team, those days are long gone. The only loyalty they have anymore is to the almighty dollar. They may say a lot of stuff about wanting to play their entire career for a team but when it comes down to it they will go to whoever pays them the most money.

Yep. Words like loyalty and honor are just that these days. Words. Cash is king. And, sadly, not just in the sports world. Me.... Poor and loyal with honor. mtmuley

Why should players have any loyalty to owners and organizations that show them no loyalty? It's about the almighty dollar from the top down.

Atheletes of every sport have no loyalty to their team, those days are long gone. The only loyalty they have anymore is to the almighty dollar. They may say a lot of stuff about wanting to play their entire career for a team but when it comes down to it they will go to whoever pays them the most money.

Yep. Words like loyalty and honor are just that these days. Words. Cash is king. And, sadly, not just in the sports world. Me.... Poor and loyal with honor. mtmuley

Why should players have any loyalty to owners and organizations that show them no loyalty? It's about the almighty dollar from the top down.

You guys realize Durant won't make any more money by signing with GSW vs OKC, right?

Poke em, he could have made MORE had he waited a year. Yep I realize that. mtmuley

Poke em, he could have made MORE had he waited a year. Yep I realize that. mtmuley
That's why he has a player option after 1 year. He'll be a free agent next year as well considering how much the cap is jumping. Same reason Lebron opted out after this year and will probably only sign a 1yr deal or have a player option after 1.

Right. Money is obviously a key factor in signing a one-year deal. But it's not a factor in deciding where to sign. Keep in mind, I'm an Oklahoma City Thunder fan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back