New Mexico Wapiti

Melman

I finally got to sit down and watch the new fresh tracks episode last night. Randy gave a little caveat on another post about this past years hunts being difficult and what sounded like maybe not that successful in some cases. So far these two episodes have been really good and high quality. that Montana youtube episode and now this Freshtracks episode have been awesome. I've never hunted in New Mexico, I was really surprised at the terrain and the rubble field of rocks on these slopes. is that typical of all/most of New Mexico's terrain?

Yeah
Lava balls/ankle busters. Fields of them,mesas of them & mountains of them....lol.
You can walk across what looks like grassy plains ,no problemo. Then you hit a volcano spew of these things for 1/4 mile,like it spit marbles,baseballs,softballs,basketballs. Made of glass basiclly.lol
Then you have the basalt & sandstone.......

There were in an old burn which had lots of blow down. Makes it really difficult.

that did make it look tuff, the rock slides are what had me really thinking how hard the going must have been. didn't realize they had all that rock on those slopes like that.

Fin- How long of a delay between airing and youtube upload for the new episodes?

Thanks! I guess I missed it last year. So how far was the walk down the canyon to meet the outfitter? Did you carry the head and hindquarter all the way? The show kind of ends before a lot of the "good" stuff happens.

Sheff

Just watched this episode and was amazed at how much the steep terrain looked like the stuff we hunted last year in AZ in the Wallow burn of the White mountains. The brush is growing back and the blowdowns are without end.
That was a bull truely worth going after. How long did it take to get the bull fully packed out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back