Caribou Gear

State Champs!!!!

7mm08mo

So my sons 14u baseball team went to the Missouri USSSA AA state tournament over fathers day. Out of 7 games they lost one in pool play, and won all in bracket play to win the state tournament. The championship game took 10 innings when we usually play 7. In the top of the tenth inning we got a man on with the score tied 3-3 then the next player bunts his way on. Next batter flies out to deep center advancing both runners to 2nd and 3rd. Next batter lays down a beauty of a bunt down the first base line to score the runner and managed to get on first. Next up was by son, we are leading by one run, he shows bunt and holds it long enough to advance the runner on first to second, taking a strike in the process. Next pitch is lined into left center scoring two runs and he gets thrown out going to second ending that half of the inning. I have never seen players or coaches so happy for a kid getting thrown out at second. The bottom half two down in a row then one gets on we are all waiting with fingers crossed. Next batter hits a high line drive and the shortstop times his jump perfectly and rolls over glove in the air for the final out and state championship winner. Three years in the making and we have finally achieved the goal. Last year we got third and said we will be back the first year we exited early. On to the regional world series in Lenexa Ks in July 8-15. Wish us luck. What a fathers day present the best I could ask for. Amongst all this baseball I have two younger boys that play 8u I still have to find time to work out for my elk andventure this fall. Here are the champs. The first pic is at the high school stadium for the banner for the world series, my boy is the one in the sunglasses. The second is the family after the victory and third is the team after the victory.

Attachments

• IMG_0745[1].jpg
    IMG_0745[1].jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0746[1].jpg
    IMG_0746[1].jpg
    131 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0720[1].jpg
    IMG_0720[1].jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 94
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics