Montana Elk Hunt - Now Live, ONLY ON YOUTUBE!

finally saw it, man it was good! But my blood was boiling with the tresspassers... Glad it all worked out for you. Tried to sneak it in in the morning to watch it in peace but the house was awake and I had a cat sitting on my head, an 80# lab trying to be a lap dog and the lady mimicking an elk bugle the entire time....

Awesome video and congratulations on a fantastic bull!! Those Nosler E-tips sure are a great bullet as shown by how they performed for you!

I have to say that one thing I really like about your videos and about you Randy is that you are a humble person who truly loves our wildlife and enjoys being outdoors trying to get a nice animal and put meat on the table. A lot of these hunting shows I cannot stand for those same reasons. Best of luck on the new season coming up!

David

So I've got one question, do you honestly know that the three people in your video were actually trespassing? There's just a little confusion in my mind, because in your video after they shoot the bull in the bottom you say I called the landowner (obviously your frustrated in your video, and who wouldn't be). However you really don't give any clarification one way or the other as whether they did or they didn't have permission, then in the thread on the first page someone asks about the three hunters and you say

Nope, I don't know. One guy climbed up the mountain, grabbed an ATV, then came down and started hauling the bull back up the mountain. I called who I thought was the landowner, but turned out to be the wife of the neighboring landowner. Later in the day, I called the husband and he said his neighbor was not home that weekend and the hunters were now gone.

Just doesn't make much sense to me, What if they did indeed have permission?

At the end of the month, we are going to pluck a name of folks who commented on this episode. That person gets a free download of the entire season from our download platform - http://randynewberg.vhx.tv/

VHX Season 4.jpg

Thanks for watching and thanks for the comments.

Thanks Randy! That episode has really made me reevaluate my application strategy. Great Bull!
JBS

I am late to the comments party. When the episode came out we were at my wife’s family reunion. I watched the hunt, the gutless video, the optics video, the rifle / ammo video… You get the picture. At some point my wife decided I needed to rejoin the reunion and I never wound up commenting.

Great set of videos. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode – if someone thinks the camera work was substandard on the chase part, my guess is that they do not hunt elk much. I seem to recall a quote to the effect that a day of elk hunting is 10 hours of hard work and if you are lucky 10 minutes of chaos. Others have commented better than I can on the story – I hope to see lots more.

There are a lot of gutless videos out, but this is the best of the lot IMO. Excellent narration and camera work. Lots of details like explaining whether to start at the spine or the belly. This kind of detail is definitely news I can use.

I do not have cable (or facebook, or a smartphone) so having this on youtube works great for me, especially if the lower distribution cost means more detail. I liked the DVDs, because I could play them on demand, but being able to download HD videos works too.

Thanks again for a great set of videos – I am spreading the word to my hunting buddies.

GREAT video Randy! Digital is the new world, nice work sir! We all appreciate it!

Love the youtube exclusive! My question is now that you are releasing some of these types of videos are they going to be a bit longer than normal episodes (this may have been answered already)? I know I wouldn't mind seeing longer videos!

Love the youtube exclusive! My question is now that you are releasing some of these types of videos are they going to be a bit longer than normal episodes (this may have been answered already)? I know I wouldn't mind seeing longer videos!

Odds are they will be of similar length or maybe a bit shorter. The content that would allow for it to be longer is being used as other stand alone videos that have links to them at the end of the full-length episode. In YouTube, they call the episode a "Tent Event" and the follow up videos "Hub Content."

Thanks for watching.

The raw reality of this hunt was incredible. Thank you for showing the whole story. I really appreciate how you went from the lowest of lows dealing with those dick necks, which all of us that hunt public land have had those days and can relate, but then to show that if you put that encounter aside and keep at it, you never know what will await over the next ridge.

Keep up the good work, and congrats on a beautiful, well earned Montana Bull!

Last edited:
Odds are they will be of similar length or maybe a bit shorter. The content that would allow for it to be longer is being used as other stand alone videos that have links to them at the end of the full-length episode. In YouTube, they call the episode a "Tent Event" and the follow up videos "Hub Content."

Thanks for watching.

Learn something new everyday! Right on, thank you!

Big fin, great video! I felt like I was right there hunting too. Beautiful bull! I'm just not that impressed with a 308, or the size of that bull could take a lot of impact. Sounds like you drew the same tag this year, good luck up there.

I don't have time to watch much TV these days, but finally found time to watch this one this afternoon. Great show, and I really liked Tyler's "encouragement." :D Well done.

Sportsman's Chanel aired this episode this week. Truly too good to keep it exclusive to YouTube. You captured the worst and best of public land hunting with the apparent tresspass on opening day, and the nearly unbelievable running out into the open to find the elk milling around waiting for you and Tyler to get ready the next day. And the end of the show showing sped up photography of the gutless method of carcass breakdown is cool too.

It was intended to be a YouTube exclusive and it would have been, except for..... except for the production company losing four of the six days of footage from the bison hunt, including the two days with close encounters. I have the footage on my drives, but being on the road, I was not able to get that footage to them in time to meet the network deadline. So, the only option was to move this hunt over to TV.

Wish it was different, but that is how it ended up on TV.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back