Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Drew MT Moose Tag in HD-210. Looking for advice.

SteveE, that bull on the right is a stud, did you get him? Was this in Montana?

Yes, the one on the right was the guy I was looking for. Had to sit on him from daybreak to dusk since he moved onto private I didn't have access to. Yes - Montana bull. I was starting to panic as general rifle was starting the next day. Set up on him and right at dark he followed that cow back onto the right property. I was waiting :)

Statues report Tristan?? Whats going on with your scouting??

Good luck and have fun. You will need at least 10 big meat sacks and it helps if you have a couple young stud ex-football players along for the pack out.

Or a really cool rancher. The shame of posting this on a diy forum shall never let me live this down but I got flat out lucky for once and I wasn't complaining about a whole moose loaded by tractor :)

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Awesome bull my man. Hopefully, you have time for a write-up. I'd love to hear how you located him. I've got a moose tag over in 319, going to be heading up there in 11 days. Can't wait!

Again, what an amazing trophy. You should feel very proud.

That's an amazing moose. Congratulations! Did you shoot it in the head or is that a fighting wound? I assume you found him holed up in the thick timber from the photo?

Are you completely sure that's a lower 48 moose and not some strange Alaskan strain that migrated south. Man congrats on a bruiser. Let's here a story after the dust settles.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's the biggest moose killed in Montana this year.

Congratulations! Can't imagine what must be going through your head right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back