Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Guys I am just playing devils advocate here a little bit. Would I ever shoot at something 100 yards away with a bow, no unless it was already hit. The same guys that are telling you no to this will take 30-40 shots all day.

I can tell you under certain times this can be an issue also.

100 yards equals 300 ft. Arrow moving at 300 ft/s because the math is easy is 3 seconds.

50 yards is still 1.5 seconds which for animals is a lot of time. I would think a lot of people on here are comfortable taking 50 yards shots in the west. That is still a lot of time for that animal to move. So if that is the only requirement that people are thinking about you really shouldn't shoot at an animal over 25-30 yards. That really isn't feasible hunting out west.

I will say again I am not going to tell other people what there ability should dictate on shooting distance.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Guys I am just playing devils advocate here a little bit. Would I ever shoot at something 100 yards away with a bow, no unless it was already hit. The same guys that are telling you no to this will take 30-40 shots all day.

I can tell you under certain times this can be an issue also.

100 yards equals 300 ft. Arrow moving at 300 ft/s because the math is easy is 3 seconds.

50 yards is still 1.5 seconds which for animals is a lot of time. I would think a lot of people on here are comfortable taking 50 yards shots in the west. That is still a lot of time for that animal to move. So if that is the only requirement that people are thinking about you really shouldn't shoot at an animal over 25-30 yards. That really isn't feasible hunting out west.

I will say again I am not going to tell other people what there ability should dictate on shooting distance.
    Easier for some than others

Quote Originally Posted by LWC55 View Post
    Easier for some than others
    LOL 1 second. Funny how your brain can jack something up.

Mine does it quite often lol

It is longer than 1 second. The math is a little more complicated as drag starts slowing the arrow down as soon as it leaves the bow. Depending on the arrow I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 2 seconds.
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHunter View Post
    It is longer than 1 second. The math is a little more complicated as drag starts slowing the arrow down as soon as it leaves the bow. Depending on the arrow I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 2 seconds.
    DA that is why I said 3 seconds the first time.

7. Default

100 meters-300m or yards, whatever is the outer banks of the effective range of a traditional bow and that is at high to mid level arch. Outer bank distances are better left for competitions and warfare and not hunting. Id say 60-70 m at best for good game kills.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234