Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 82 of 82
  1. #76

    Default

    Guys I am just playing devils advocate here a little bit. Would I ever shoot at something 100 yards away with a bow, no unless it was already hit. The same guys that are telling you no to this will take 30-40 shots all day.

    I can tell you under certain times this can be an issue also.

    100 yards equals 300 ft. Arrow moving at 300 ft/s because the math is easy is 3 seconds.

    50 yards is still 1.5 seconds which for animals is a lot of time. I would think a lot of people on here are comfortable taking 50 yards shots in the west. That is still a lot of time for that animal to move. So if that is the only requirement that people are thinking about you really shouldn't shoot at an animal over 25-30 yards. That really isn't feasible hunting out west.

    I will say again I am not going to tell other people what there ability should dictate on shooting distance.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Guys I am just playing devils advocate here a little bit. Would I ever shoot at something 100 yards away with a bow, no unless it was already hit. The same guys that are telling you no to this will take 30-40 shots all day.

    I can tell you under certain times this can be an issue also.

    100 yards equals 300 ft. Arrow moving at 300 ft/s because the math is easy is 3 seconds.

    50 yards is still 1.5 seconds which for animals is a lot of time. I would think a lot of people on here are comfortable taking 50 yards shots in the west. That is still a lot of time for that animal to move. So if that is the only requirement that people are thinking about you really shouldn't shoot at an animal over 25-30 yards. That really isn't feasible hunting out west.

    I will say again I am not going to tell other people what there ability should dictate on shooting distance.
    Easier for some than others

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LWC55 View Post
    Easier for some than others
    LOL 1 second. Funny how your brain can jack something up.

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    LOL 1 second. Funny how your brain can jack something up.
    Mine does it quite often lol

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andover, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    LOL 1 second. Funny how your brain can jack something up.
    It is longer than 1 second. The math is a little more complicated as drag starts slowing the arrow down as soon as it leaves the bow. Depending on the arrow I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 2 seconds.
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHunter View Post
    It is longer than 1 second. The math is a little more complicated as drag starts slowing the arrow down as soon as it leaves the bow. Depending on the arrow I wouldn't be shocked if it was closer to 2 seconds.
    DA that is why I said 3 seconds the first time.

  7. Default

    100 meters-300m or yards, whatever is the outer banks of the effective range of a traditional bow and that is at high to mid level arch. Outer bank distances are better left for competitions and warfare and not hunting. Id say 60-70 m at best for good game kills.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •