PEAX Equipment

MT Sheep Tag X 2

+1 what Bambistew stated, above. You did your research, homework, and scouting . . . . rarely does a plan come together so well.

Congrats!

Great hunt and thanks for showing us the videos... although I don't think I would have filmed myself rifle hunting in MT without orange on.

Great hunt and thanks for showing us the videos... although I don't think I would have filmed myself rifle hunting in MT without orange on.

I don't think I would call anyone out to bring attention to it either. Its a sheep hunt, this particular tag is deep in the wilderness. I've very rarely actually seen anyone sheep or goat hunting wearing it.

Fatrack, you definitely made the most of those tags. If I had the supertag, this is where I'd be. Forget the breaks. Big old mountain rams like that beat a 200" breaks ram anyday, in my mind. Congrats again. I am truly envious.

Last edited:
Hey guys...thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it. I had taken a ton of video and pictures throughout the hunt so I figured I needed to try and put a video together, pretty fun project getting to relive it. I could have made them each an hour long, but figured people would get bored with them. The intent was to have something for my kids, grandkids and beyond to watch. I can just hear it now..."thats great gramma?!!"

I knew the Orange thing would come up eventually. So an a couple hours into the hike in that day for the 4 day stint, I realized I didn't bring it. DOH!! It kinda bothered me, but I made the decision to not go back for it and go without. I wasn't concerned with being visible to "other hunters", especially considering I never saw another human in my entire time scouting or hunting. But, it is the law. Since then i've brought up to the authorities and has been dealt with.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back