MT Sheep Tag X 2

It's really cool that you guys are getting to experience all of this together. It's even cooler when you add the family history in the area that you are hunting.

Yeah, its a pretty cool experience. This is going to push her to her limits. She's tough, physically and mentally, and she has done a back country backpack hunt before, but not in this type of country. These rams are in the wilderness ~12 miles from the closest road. Granted they are in their summer range but I believe they will be there for the opener. As the season goes on, they will move towards rut/winter grounds which are more accessible. However....Jen doesn't want to hunt in the really cold weather.... So, we will be spending the last half of September hunting them in the high country in hopes of finding her ram.

When you zoom in on the last pic of the two rams the one standing looks like it has good mass. Hard to tell but does not look like he has a lot of drop. To be honest, that does not surprise me. When I looked over a lot of sheep in that territory back in 2014 I did not see one that had a large drop. As you say, easier said than done to get a closer look. As the season gets closer or come season time, those two definitely look like they may be worth the effort of a closer look.

Yes sir been waiting on this one all year. Could be the best thread of the year two ram tags man the luck.

Migration should be getting going, rut starting.

If I ever had a draw tag, this is the one I want. Hope to see an update on this hunt. Goodluck!!

crickets.....
been waiting to see this one pop up in the new posts. update, update????

Fatrack, any updates! We're all anxiously awaiting. :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back