Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Trail cam quality?

hank4elk

I just checked my 2 yr old Bushnell cam at my windmill and the elk broke the plastic strap & cable base.
2nd game cam this has happened to.1st one was a Moultrie.
Does anyone know of a glue that works to attach something on back?
Damn plastic crap they make stuff out of these days is just that,crap.
I got it back up with the strap on bottom,but it won't last. No room in between gizmos on face.
I guess I have to Okie it with duct tape.....:confused:

You think that plastic is chintzy in NM, Come up here when it's -20f or so out and see just how crappy that plastic really is.

I just run a cargo strap all the way around the cams. On my bushnell's, I run the strap between the IR and the camera lens. Works just fine for me.

I would use a two part epoxy should work great. Their either made of abs or pvc glue will not make as good of bond as epoxy.

June 16 early 009.jpgJune 16 early 006.jpg
This one has been below zero and 90 above.
I guess that's why I have paracord ....

I have used gorilla glue on lots of things, read the directions first, makes a huge difference

It's only a matter of time before my Moultries and Bushnell break too. Elk mess with them almost nightly and even a bear 3 days ago turned it sideways. 1" wide ratchet strap helps secure 'em.

Buy a metal box for them, its just good insurance for damage and some theft protection.

Have had the same issues ( one bear and one elk ), ended up using parachute chord around the whole cam/tree to keep it in place. Really a pain when it comes time to change cards/batteries. Both were Bushnell Trophy Cams, but I could see it happening with just about any brand

The Moultrie Cameras have treated me well with zero structural problems. The lighting on one of them is a bit goofy- Maybe the cold or I dropped it? All daylight photos are kinda sepia-colored.
The new camera location is working though :)

Attachments

• MFDC1212.jpg
    MFDC1212.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 178
  • MFDC1213.jpg
    MFDC1213.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 178
  • MFDC1217.jpg
    MFDC1217.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 178
It's only a matter of time before my Moultries and Bushnell break too. Elk mess with them almost nightly and even a bear 3 days ago turned it sideways. 1" wide ratchet strap helps secure 'em.

They actually make a special protection box for their cameras: https://www.carid.com/bushnell/trophy-camera-security-case-mpn-119653c.html frankly speaking I wouldn't even try to leave the camera without a locking box in where I live. If it's not the animals, someone else would still it in within an hour.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back