Thoughts on E-scouting thread/videos

Yes, I would really love to see how you approach this issue. I hear you on not wanting to expose an area that is heavily hunted so this would be a really good opportunity. Thank you in advance. I'm new to forum. Have really enjoyed your content for many years and have finally decided that it is time to stop talking about it and get out West to hunt. Thank you!

Randy, I know you are worried about influencing somebody's unit. Seems you could do it in the hardest to draw unit in the west. Won't make it any tougher to draw that tag. I doubt there are many "secret" spots in a unit like that. Just a thought

A common idea I have heard (not sure if here or other such forums) would be to use a park such as Yellowstone or some giant private ranch closed to hunting. Should alleviate the spot burning concerns I would think, and there's enough around to cover different terrain types which I have found to make a huge difference. Elk are elk but they do behave differently in different terrains. However, Randy does a really good job of explaining why elk do different things, which can then be extrapolated based on terrain/vegetation.

Mike

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back