PEAX Equipment

How to kill 9 hours...

powderburn

With the majority of the seeding done and a slight reprieve in the branding camps it was time to take some flat landers for a ride.
Now all these people who joined us brought real time working horse's which was a pleasure in itself. No bunching up, kicking, nipping, jockeying for position or the usual crap that goes along with the happy hackers. Nothing wrong with happy hacker's I'm the president of that club. I put miles on my mount's, most happy hacker's ride way to little to even begin to enjoy a good ride. Now these horse's were in great shape but up and down is a different story compared to flat and rolling hills. Taking that into account we opted for a 16 mile rounder along the valley floor with a small 1000 ft climb over one ridge.

Looks like a great time in some super neat country! Well done! If I lived in a place that was conducive to riding I think I'd like to get into it. That said, as fat as I am I'm not sure that straddling a Percheron, as I'd need one that stout, would be fun... :D

Hard to beat seeing beautiful country from the back of a good horse. Good fishing in that river?

Attachments

• P7200018.jpg
    P7200018.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 351
What a great place. I spent a year in Calgary back in the 1980s, and got out of town every weekend. I still miss it.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a fun day.
Hard to beat a good horse but our scenery isn't near as beautiful!

Hard to beat seeing beautiful country from the back of a good horse. Good fishing in that river?

Bull trout to about 15lb, Rainbow of all sizes to about 5lb, Brookies up to around 3lb and whitefish to around a1lb.
We quit fishing it when it went to catch and release on the trout. Still fish the high lakes when we over night at them
mostly rainbow and brook trout. We know a couple hard to get at holes protected by some decent size Grizzlies but we
don't usually poke those guys.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back