Jackson Hole hunt

Manderscheid

Anybody go down to hunt outside the Refuge this past weekend? If so, how was it?

I didn't go, but I know that they changed the regulations this year and opened the gate to the refuge road at midnight instead of 8 am. This was to give everyone access to the National Forest at the same time, and prevent people from taking an accidental midnight bath in the Gros Ventre river. I'm sure it was a zoo as usual. I'm going for the opener next year just to experience it.

I was there, and yes it was a zoo. Still fun though. You definitely need to go with proper attitude because of all the people. For the 2 of us we found 1 5pt antler. Some guys had horns (usually 1or2) but definitely more guys were skunked than got lucky. This was my first time going there so I learned a bunch. I have gone here ( montana ) at midnight a few times years ago so kinda knew what I was in for.

Yikes! Never heard about this. Sounds like the door-opening at Best-Buy on Black Friday! Or the Oklahoma Land Rush. Might make an interesting documentary.

We ended up first in line from Redmond ST and had to coin toss at he intersection of Nelson to determine which line got to go first, ended up second vehicle in line out of 225 cars. Found a set, deadhead and a couple others.

We were parked at some buddies who lived on one of the closed streets and pulled up to the street around 1150 and were able to sneak in right behind the pilot truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back