New Mexico Backdoor 2016

Nada for me 0-3 last three years in that state it's a good thing this year though with my mt elk permit.

The OIL method I saw last night was correct; a buddy and I drew Valle Vidal elk 2nd rifle! And it looks like he drew a bighorn sheep tag, just not sure which one yet!

Unsuccessful for me :( Congrats to everyone who got it! Good luck!

Last edited:
OMG! I drew 16C first Rifle!!!

I'm still in shock. Won't let me print the license...but the big green box is there.

I struck out. Wife drew Unit 23 and my son drew an antelope tag. Altogether I am still happy and my wife is beside herself. Now we start planning.

OMG! I drew 16C first Rifle!!!

I'm still in shock. Won't let me print the license...but the big green box is there.

Congrats! That is a crazy hard draw. Send me a PM. I've hunted that unit and it is a remarkable hunt. I've got maps with lots of marks on them that will save you some headache.

I'm happy to have drawn deer (2.5% draw odds) and cow elk in my home unit of 17. I finally get to hunt elk and I'm stoked.

Well the back door method last night proved accurate. I did indeed draw the deer tag.... Ended up being the hard to draw first choice instead of the nearly for sure 3rd choice though. It has been going downhill the last several years based on everything I've read, but looks like I will be hunting unit 2B late season although this year it isn't really that late - Nov 5th through 9th. Still should be something that I can do some planning on and maybe if I get back off the roads and put some boot leather too it I might have a chance at finding a decent buck. Hopefully. At least I didn't burn any points on it! ;)

The dreaded red unsuccessful on everything else though. :(

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back