Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Mexico Backdoor 2016

So let me get this right. Backdoor meaning you can find out before reluts are released? So if you can't buy a license you probably drew? And if you can purchase license you probably didn't draw? Sorry , I am not familiar with this.

Corret, each state has a different "backdoor". In the case of NM since there are no point accrued, the first indicator is that your license has been refunded. In other states, often your accumulated points go up or are cleared as an indicator. Finally, another is that your credit card was charged as in the case of AZ two Friday's ago.

4/27 is posting day listed in book.
I usually get an e-mail notice a week early or have the last 5 yrs.
So maybe ....

Ouch. That's like getting sand kicked in your face. BTW - curious if others have noticed the unguided/guided odds drifting closer together each year as more have learned to take advantage of the many ways getting into the outfitter pool. Heck I noticed several hunts this year where the unguided odds were actually higher. Odds for my favorite unit got so close I went straight unguided. But still probably won't draw. Far cry from the late 90's when it was virtually guaranteed.

The comments regarding the unguided vs. guided pool reminded me of a question I had. If I recall (and I certainly can be wrong!), you can only put one outfitter number and choose one time if you are going in as guided/unguided. What if I wanted to use that outfitter only for my first two choices but wanted to use my third choice on a unit to go DIY (and one that the outfitter doesn't operate in). What would happen if I drew the third choice? Anybody know how this situation should be handled under the current system?

You can only apply with outfitter or not & stay in pool once in.
You would have to get a release from one outfitter for the 3rd choice that he does not hunt in and contract with another for the 3rd choice if drawn.

So are emails going to go out tonight or are they going to wait until next week like they did last year?

My guess is they will go out on Tuesday afternoon. That's only a guess, though, based on nothing.

Is there any 'backdoor' in Wyoming that anybody knows of? Not like I drew a goat tag anyway, but the wait is killing me. Its a long time from Feb until May 10

For a couple years you could check for your name on the disbursement checks from the state auditors website but not that they are refunding the credit cards I don't think anyone has figured out a way to check Wyoming early.

Anybody else heart skip a beat when they sent out the email reminding us the results come out Wednesday?

Yeah,along with the fish reports....
The new head of G&F is a HR/IT base so she is a stickler for getting stuff done. So I knew there was no more early notices or backdoor.
Nice lady,but I will try and stay on her good side. Seen her in action.
I know the new head of elk too.Good guy.
Good luck Wed. all!

Well unless they are really messing with me, it won't allow me to purchase a hunting license now. I did request the refund. Up until this point, it has always let me go clear through with the license, up to asking for pament info. Now it says it is a duplicate purchase. The anxiety is killing me! It is going to be a long next 14 + hours.

For what it is worth, it lets me go all the way to the point of putting in CC info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back