New Mexico Backdoor 2016

hearteater

New Mexico removed the delete app link when you log on to your account. It is letting me add a general hunting license to my cart and I chose the refund option. Is anyone not able to add the license?

I can add a license to my account....but I have absolutely terrible luck in New Mexico.

I am also able to add a license to my account and go all the way through the checkout process. It didn't let me choose how to pay, although I wasn't going to enter my credit card information anyway.

I'm not able to purchase a license. Maybe I screwed up and forgot to ask for a refund if unsuccessful.

NM backdoor.jpg

I think if Newberg had forgot to ask for a refund, he would have got an email a couple of weeks ago saying he could print out his new license (active April 1, 2016), since he paid for it. I just looked and got the email on March 31. If he didn't get that email, then maybe the fact he can't add a license now does in fact prove he drew, something.

Last edited:
I think if Newberg had forgot to ask for a refund, he would have got an email a couple of weeks ago saying he could print out his new license (active April 1, 2016), since he paid for it. I just looked and got the email on March 31. If he didn't get that email, then maybe the fact he can't add a license now does in fact prove he drew, something.

Just searched all email folders. No email. Given I applied for such low odds hunts, I would be very, very surprised to draw. My money is that I screwed up and did not ask for a refund.

You can login https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/login

Go to "My Purchases" and click on "View Receipt" under Game Hunt Combo and see a copy of your $65 hunting license. It will show "Refund Requested: Yes (or No)"

I'd be curious to know as I can buy the license and hope it doesn't mean I didn't draw again. I haven't been able to draw anything since the 6% solution...

You can login https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/login

Go to "My Purchases" and click on "View Receipt" under Game Hunt Combo and see a copy of your $65 hunting license. It will show "Refund Requested: Yes (or No)"

I'd be curious to know as I can buy the license and hope it doesn't mean I didn't draw again. I haven't been able to draw anything since the 6% solution...

And there you have it. I just went in and did what you stated above.

Refund Requested - NO.

Hope I draw. Either way, looks like I've made an investment in New Mexico wildlife, which is better than a lot of investments I make.

Refund Requested - NO.

Hope I draw. Either way, looks like I've made an investment in New Mexico wildlife, which is better than a lot of investments I make.

Ouch. That's like getting sand kicked in your face. BTW - curious if others have noticed the unguided/guided odds drifting closer together each year as more have learned to take advantage of the many ways getting into the outfitter pool. Heck I noticed several hunts this year where the unguided odds were actually higher. Odds for my favorite unit got so close I went straight unguided. But still probably won't draw. Far cry from the late 90's when it was virtually guaranteed.

Refund Requested - NO.

Shew so there is still hope for me. Kinda hoping for a refund on my end considering I drew a rifle breaks tag.

NM Outfitter pool has become a wink wink nod nod where you slip a guide a few dinero and you get to use their guide number on the application. In some places, paying for access to a market is termed bribery. In NM, it is creative guiding.

Good luck to all.
I'm glad to find BF is a mortal,he missed a box.
I know some G&F IT folks are getting a laugh at all the backdoor talk.
I too wish the odds had not changed like they did,but I live here now.
I know many legit outfitters,friends.That said I do not like the pool.
I hope to get a green e-mail around the 20th. 3 weeks after deadline,a week ahead of posting.
We have a fast turn around so you get more planning for a hunt.
NM has had a lock on wink-wink,okie dokie .....since 1600

Waiting for the draw. I have never trusted the backdoor.

Good luck to all. Big Fin, wish you the best. I did the ultimate long odds on this draw. I think I did the Vermejo, Valle Caldera, and 34 bull. Long shots all. If I draw, I will be blessed,

Have harvested 3 oryx. still haven't drawn the once in a lifetime. This is the year.

Last edited:
So let me get this right. Backdoor meaning you can find out before reluts are released? So if you can't buy a license you probably drew? And if you can purchase license you probably didn't draw? Sorry , I am not familiar with this.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back