Forum upgrade coming

I got the 24hr thing figured out i think, Now for giving my fat fingers a break by staying logged in so my blood pressure can return to normal :)

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I logged in here with an actual computer. I always use my mobile and I am liking the new format.

One aspect of the forum upgrade that I think warrants a closer look is the font changes to hyperlinks. It is really hard to identify when a word is a hyperlink now.

In fact, one of the words in the first sentence I just typed is a hyperlink, and it is really difficult to tell which one it is without hovering over each word with the cursor.

One aspect of the forum upgrade that I think warrants a closer look is the font changes to hyperlinks. It is really hard to identify when a word is a hyperlink now.

In fact, one of the words in the first sentence I just typed is a hyperlink, and it is really difficult to tell which one it is without hovering over each word with the cursor.

Noted and looking into it.

I noticed this as well, so I have changed the font color of my hyperlinked texts since the upgrade. Another option would be to underline the text.

Upgrade items that were to be addressed included picture size denials. I think the first couple of pictures (8 meg sized) seemlessly loaded. Now I get a denial message and have gone back to using the old method of photobucket copy and paste the link to bring the photo to the thread

Today I was able to attach 4, 7 and 8 meg images from the computer directly to HuntTalk. No "file size" denial. Thanks for this upgrade.

It seems that the forums sections have been somewhat shuffled over the weekend. Consolidation of separate sections into one larger unit: for example turkeys, waterfowl and upland birds are now lumped into "Feathers and Wings", and Moose, Goat, Sheep are now conjoined into "Big Three".

It seems that the forums sections have been somewhat shuffled over the weekend. Consolidation of separate sections into one larger unit: for example turkeys, waterfowl and upland birds are now lumped into "Feathers and Wings", and Moose, Goat, Sheep are now conjoined into "Big Three".

Yup. Trying to make it so we don't have multitudes of forums, some of which only have a few threads. That forces people to scroll down to get to segments they are looking for. Many forums that had less than 1,000 threads got consolidated. Some did not, but got moved in a different order.

What happened to the Recent Activity Stream?

I feel like an old lady sitting in her car staring at a detour sign.

What happened to the Recent Activity Stream?

I feel like an old lady sitting in her car staring at a detour sign.

Many people commented that it polluted their use of the forum with a lot of things they had no interest in, so we deactivated it.

When I bookmarked it on chrome it was the recent activity screen (which I LOVE) so I can still see it. I like seeing a preview of posts and if I need to read them or keep up with them without going to the new posts tab to see if a thread I'm following has been updated.

When I bookmarked it on chrome it was the recent activity screen (which I LOVE) so I can still see it. I like seeing a preview of posts and if I need to read them or keep up with them without going to the new posts tab to see if a thread I'm following has been updated.

Me too. And, I ofttimes read without logging in, which was more conducive with the recent activity option whereas the today's posts option isn't available unless logged in.

Probably means nothing, but I noticed that the current thread "One broken-hearted Nevadan", when I visit New Post listing, and I click on the icon that should bring me to the latest unread post, it starts me at Post #1. This is occurring on the full website from my desktop computer on several occasions.

There are a couple of pic heavy threads (for example, both current moose scouting threads and the Canadian Mtn Goat hunt) that when I go on my iPad, it doesn't always take me to the next unviewed reply, so when the thread stops loading, I have to scroll down several entries to get to the most recent post/s. I have not noticed that it fails to bring me to the correct page in these instances, just not the most recent entry.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back