Forum upgrade coming

Not bad at all. If I could make a suggestion though; it would be nice to be able to see who the original poster on a thread is again.

Do what was suggested to me, When you go into the Recent Activity you ALSO need to click on the New Posts link under it. That will give you the original poster. When you come in the it you are by default in the Activity Stream which IMO it's pretty ugly. :)

Still looking. Looking favorable. Activity stream is great for a fast look. I still use my old method of going to all the new posts.

Thanks for the effort and expense. You work too damn hard!

I'm not warming up to the activity stream yet. Is there a way to get the format you got with "new posts" but with the old posts included? That is, the look of the old board.

I'm not warming up to the activity stream yet. Is there a way to get the format you got with "new posts" but with the old posts included? That is, the look of the old board.

The closest I've found is to go to the "HuntTalk Forum" tab (instead of the "Activity Stream" tab), then go to the Quick Links and select Today's Posts. Gives you all the most recently updated posts in descending order, similar to how I used the old version. Does that help?

The closest I've found is to go to the "HuntTalk Forum" tab (instead of the "Activity Stream" tab), then go to the Quick Links and select Today's Posts. Gives you all the most recently updated posts in descending order, similar to how I used the old version. Does that help?
That seems to work. Thanks.

Love your website .... But hate the new setup .... So far ... Maybe I'll learn to like it I hope

That seems to work. Thanks.
...but, dang, I can't get it in chronological order. (I'm not complaining as I know the switchover is a lot of work, just using the power of the group to learn the ins and outs).
[edit - it is in chronological order if I navigate through all the links, but not if I bookmark the resulting page.]

Thanks Randy. I love the new format. It's pretty much identical to the format at Rokslide, which I've always found very easy to use.

When I open up the forum, I just go to "New Posts" and scroll down through that.

I'm liking the activity stream feature quite a bit. It's nice to be able to read the newest comment without having to open and scroll through each thread. Nice addition.

this is a bit different,,i really had the old system down,,i would still like to see all the new threads to pick from as before.old dog here.

If I understand your question, that option is still available. Bar under "Recent Posts"

But it's not the same, It only shows posts since your last visit, Which maybe only 2 posts for me. The old one had a lot more posts than that listed.

I cannot use this site from my phone anymore, well I can but its not worth the headache. it defaults to the activity stream page, which I then have to click new posts, which is incredible small and my fat finger always clicks something else, then a screen comes up that i have to log in everytime. Even if i click remember me. Again super tiny.

?......... then a screen comes up that i have to log in everytime. Even if i click remember me.

Check your browswer setting to make sure you are not in "private" mode. I found out accidentally that passwords are not remembered or saved in that mode.

But it's not the same, It only shows posts since your last visit, Which maybe only 2 posts for me. The old one had a lot more posts than that listed.

I cannot use this site from my phone anymore, well I can but its not worth the headache. it defaults to the activity stream page, which I then have to click new posts, which is incredible small and my fat finger always clicks something else, then a screen comes up that i have to log in everytime. Even if i click remember me. Again super tiny.

Interesting comments, given this is a new version of the old software that is designed to be more "mobile friendly."

You can get to recent activity by following either one of the screen shots shown below. Either click the "Recent Activity" tab and you will get all new posts since last time and it will be in the activity timeline mode (first pic), or click on the "HUNTTALK FORUM" tab and hit "New Posts" and it will display in a linear mode.

Once you find the page that suits your liking, save that as your bookmarked page so it will open at that page every time. Try clearing your browser history and hopefully that will fix your issue with having to log in every time.

HT 1.jpg

HT 2.jpg

I posted this once, but this sounds like what you are looking for so I'll post it again. The New Posts only shows you the couple of threads that were updated since you last logged in. But you used to be able to see those threads, plus all the other recent threads even if they hadn't been updated since you were last on. Right?

You can still find that. At the top of the page, right below the HuntTalk logo, you'll see the two tabs that Fin circled in red- Recent Activity and HuntTalk Forums. The default tab is "Recent Activity", which is a little too chaotic for me personally. So instead select the "HuntTalk Forums" tab. This takes you to the main forums page. Then in the bar right below the tab, go to Quick Links, then select Today's Posts from the list. That gives you all the threads that have had posts within the last 24 hours, whether they have been updated since you last visited or not.

I have no solution for the fat fingers problem, however :)

You can bookmark "Today's posts," but unfortunately it doesn't update so you always get the same posts. :(

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back