Forum upgrade coming

Also, the new version will integrate with Tapatalk, but talking to other forum owners who are frustrated with Tapatalk, we have decided to not yet go that route. We will have enough on our hands with this migration.

Somewhere, I think I can hear Jose crying.

Funny you say that. I've got the comment from many others over the last two years. This site has always had the same size limits. Most often, the difference the user sees is that their camera or phone is now taking larger file size pics that exceed the size limits here.

That aside, with the new software, you will drag your photo into the input box and the software will automatically resize it to the limits the system has. It might take a minute for the software to do it, but it will remove the step required to resize.

That is awesome Fin.....
Matt

That is good news. I am very low tech and when my photos suddenly needed resizing I quit sharing. When the changes to the site occur I have a great story to share from my son's youth deer hunt last October.

The pic resizing was kind of a pain so thanks in advance for making it easier.
How about adding a "thumbs up" or a "like" option? Or maybe an option to give someone the bird?

Last edited:
Hey there folks,

We've been working hard on the forum upgrade for the better part of 24 hours. I think we're about set now, images have thankfully been restored. Unfortunately if you posted something this morning it may have been lost, my apologies. Please repost!

Not bad at all. If I could make a suggestion though; it would be nice to be able to see who the original poster on a thread is again.

Not bad at all. If I could make a suggestion though; it would be nice to be able to see who the original poster on a thread is again.

I second that.

I like the changes. That mythical user counter that used to be on the left side of the screen that always referenced that time 400 people or something like that were online seems to have bit the dust.

Last edited:
Looks good from here boss.

Was hoping there'd be a PM tool upgrade, maybe one day.

I'm not a fan of seeing every reply to the same thread in the Recent Activity window, can I somehow change that?

There are three display options in the upper right hand drop down menu under "Display." Those are the options the software provides the user to pick from. Sorry if those options don't provide what you are hoping for.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back