MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum upgrade coming

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It has taken a lot of time and a lot of money, but in the next two weeks we will be converting the old vBulletin forum to a new version. The new version has some really good things:

• No need to resize your pics
  • Far better admin panel on the back end (only impacts a few of us)
  • A lot of features that can be added to new media platforms
  • More mobile friendly
  • Much more secure database and easier to back it up. The data base attacks that Rackspace clients got hit with in January would have been less of a headache under the new software

We have not completely built it out with all the detail, color, and style that it will eventually have. When it comes live, it will look a bit "plain." Stick with us.

Some of the layout will change. You will see it looks more like other forum layout styles you might be accustomed to. You will be able to customize your own settings a bit more.

I think the benefits will be worth the large investment and effort made to get it moved over. You might see some slow periods on Saturday afternoon/night and Sunday morning. We would ask that you stick with us and help us work out any kinks you might discover when we have migrated over.

Also, the new version will integrate with Tapatalk, but talking to other forum owners who are frustrated with Tapatalk, we have decided to not yet go that route. We will have enough on our hands with this migration.

I'm looking forward to the mobile upgrade. No more zooming in for the little bitty link.

Thanks for the work into this.

Also, the new version will integrate with Tapatalk, but talking to other forum owners who are frustrated with Tapatalk, we have decided to not yet go that route. We will have enough on our hands with this migration.

Nothing worse than going to a site on my phone and being forced into mobile mode because of tapatalk.

One feature I really like is when you hover over a topic, you get a few sentences on the first post. Keep that feature if you can.

Thanks fin. I used to post pictures but since the site went to resizing I havent been able to figure that out.

Funny you say that. I've got the comment from many others over the last two years. This site has always had the same size limits. Most often, the difference the user sees is that their camera or phone is now taking larger file size pics that exceed the size limits here.

That aside, with the new software, you will drag your photo into the input box and the software will automatically resize it to the limits the system has. It might take a minute for the software to do it, but it will remove the step required to resize.

There is an alternative to Tapatalk. I think maybe this site had it a few years ago. "Ohub Campfire"

I'm looking forward to the change, although I don't mind the current format. Hopefully it will make it easier on you Big Fin. I don't see how there are enough hours in the day for all that you do. How many full time jobs do you have?

Great news that are treating this like a beloved sailboat otherwise known as the hole in the water you dump money into, ha ha. Appreciate all you do to make this forum the best place to discuss Hunting out West with adults. All in all, I would rather spend time around the campfire with a few random members of this forum than most people I interact with in real life.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back