Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

BC Lion hunt

Has anyone been on a lion hunt in BC. I'm seriously considering it after going to the Harrisburg show. I've never been on a guided hunt and don't have a lot of interest in going on a guided deer, lope or elk hunt. I love hunting predators and the hunt that Im looking at includes bobcat, lynx, wolves and coyotes with the main focus on lion. Looking for the good and the bad and any questions I need to find out up front: I already have the references, detailed price list and dates. Thanks in advance.

Go for it man. I've heard lion hunting is really hard without good dogs. If I had the chance I would do it. I love DIY but sometimes it's acceptable to do a guided hunt IMO.

I hunted lion in Utah and took a 120 pound tom. One of the best hunts I have ever done. BC has some of the best cat hunts in North America and being able to harvest other cats while chasing lions is icing on the cake. My hunt was brutal and very rewarding when it all came together. Get er done! Good huntin'

Has anyone been on a lion hunt in BC. I'm seriously considering it after going to the Harrisburg show. I've never been on a guided hunt and don't have a lot of interest in going on a guided deer, lope or elk hunt. I love hunting predators and the hunt that Im looking at includes bobcat, lynx, wolves and coyotes with the main focus on lion. Looking for the good and the bad and any questions I need to find out up front: I already have the references, detailed price list and dates. Thanks in advance.

Who are you planning on hunting with in B.C. there is some very good outfitters there and some good areas but also some you should steer clear of I maybe able to give some help and info. You can send a message if you don't want to mention it on here.

Doug Shuck used to kill lotsa record cats around tatla lake, tatlayoko lake out on th e chilcotin, he's since sold his concession, might wanna sniff around Alberta too. Good luck

This may be too late as I very seldom come to this site, however, I would VERY STRONGLY recommend Doug and Julie McMann, of "Skinnercreekranch" for ANY predator hunts.

They are in the gorgeous Chilcotin area of BC, still quite wild and remote and predator numbers are at the highest level I have seen in my decades of BC wilderness experience.

You might check with them, but, I expect that you could get a Cougar, (we call "lions" that here), a Lynx and perhaps a wolf or two on the same hunt. Our game pops. are down due to huge pred. numbers, little real concern by government and one or two other factors.

So, come and kill some, we can use the help! HTH-Doug has e-mail and a landline phone, Google for number.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back