Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leupold VX-6 issue/question

CodyCass

Hello fellow HTers

I have a brand new Leupold VX-6 3-18x44mm (30mm) Side Focus CDS Illuminated Reticle (Product #115003) that is giving me fits. Seeing as this is Leupold's flagship line I'm rather frustrated. Out of the box I noticed these things and mounted it to a 280 AI for 9 shots and sent a note to Leupold. First, the side focus parallax makes an audible tinging noise as it is turned. It almost sounds like you are winding up a spring. Second, the power selector ring is very difficult to turn. I know these scopes are built to tight//specific tolerances, but this takes more effort than I feel it should.

When I contacted Leopold they told me what I was experiencing was "not normal, please send it in with a note listing everything wrong." So I did and Friday I received it back. Much to my disappointment when I got the scope out it still had all the same issues. The "customer complaints" section indicates that I said the scope had a "bad selector". The service activity listed: Visual inspection 100%, Replaced Erector System, Mechanical Inspection and Complete Internal Inspection.

My questions for you all: Does anyone with a VX-6 hear noises when turing the side parallax adjustment? Is your power selector difficult to turn? Will the power selector get easier to turn with a little use? If this is not normal for a VX-6 what would you do with Leupold? I've never had a bad product from them and understand that sometimes bad ones sneak through. That being said, if it is a bad scope and they didn't fix it when I sent it in I will be less understanding. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Cody

Quite honestly, I am losing faith in Leupold. I think that their quality control is going to crap. A little research on optics tests on forums etc. and you will see that they have lots of issues. I have a VX3 with B&C reticle that has been good, but my eyes don't like it as well as my Bushnell Elite 3200 with the BDC.

The only saving grace with Leupold, is that they back their stuff well. I won't buy another one.

The power ring being very stiff is acceptable if that is how it is supposed to be. The tinging noise from the parallax adjustment is what had me most convened. I guess I will call them back tomorrow and give them a chance to explain.

Called Leupold today, they apologized for parallax adjustment issue. They also apologized for not catching it while they had it in their hands. Because they missed it they are paying for the shipping for me to send it back. I must say this whole thing make me question Leupold. On a very recent hunt talk podcast the execs from Leupold boasted about how few products get returned for warranty work (I believe they said less than 1%). Worse yet, this is their flagship scope; it came from the factory this way and they botched their first chance to fix it

You could have it shipped to me after Leupold is done with it. I'm not worried about them or their quality. mtmuley

I unboxed a brand new VX-6 3-18x50 yesterday that's also exhibiting a weird tinging grinding when turning the parallax knob. Did you ever resolve your issue CodyCass?

Back