outstanding elk shed

disney can make an animated movie where the matching antlers are terrified during the annual separation event, "tossed away." fortunately, a city dweller's 8 year old daughter, who never speaks aloud since the tragic event where a stray dog scared her months ago, finds one side of the elk antler shed and then the other during the family's unexpected 4-day camping trip when their car breaks down while touring through the west. The girl's voice returns upon finding the first antler. Lots of dancing animals and an orphan elk calf.

yes!

Right on. Very cool

Did you know about this elk prior to finding his shed? You seem to be familiar with a lot of the critters whose shed you find.

I never saw him with this antler on his head. Last year the snow was too deep to get there in the winter.
I saw him twice in Aug. of this year and then he vanished until two days after archery season. I was able to keep track of him for about a week. Then I lost him until I spotted him with another bull in Mid Jan. Haven't seen him since.

Last edited:
I never saw him with this antler on his head. Last year the snow was too deep to get there in the winter.
I saw him twice in Aug. of this year and then he vanished until two days after archery season I was able to keep track of him for about a week. Then I lost him until I spotted him with another bull in Mid Jan. Haven't seen him since.

That's awesome. Was he pretty comparable this year?

After way too many times of looking I finally matched up this antler about 8:00 this evening. It was only 300 yards away but in some very thick juniper. The first one I spotted from 1/2 mile. This one I had a hard time seeing ten yards away. I was with in 50 yards more than once. I have yet to put a tape on it but it looks to be as big or bigger. Will try to get some pictures up in the morning.

Didn't have time this morning. Put a tape on the left. Scores 189 4/8. Has a 24 6/8 4th and a 20 6/8 5th.

Attachments

• DSCN0123.jpg
    DSCN0123.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 583
  • DSCN0122.jpg
    DSCN0122.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 587
Amazing set of antlers. The two things that really stand out to me are the way the 5ths curve inward instead of out and the mass on the main beam past the 5th is amazing. Neither one affect the score in any way, but both are very cool.

Wow! That is amazing. Can't imagine how giddy you must've been to find the match.

Pretty strong-headed to stick with it for that long, especially with being a year old.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back