Yeti GOBOX Collection

Welcome Nosler Bullets and Ammunition

Awesome partnership.

I've got thousands of Noslers in the reloading room waiting to be shot. I can guarantee I will be as happy with them as I have been with the thousands that came before them.

I'm new to hunting, and don't know enough about their ammunition (I'm not a reloader, so I'm talking mainly about ammunition vice bullets), so I'm eager to see if they post up a basic overview... e.g. here's the basic qualities of each of our products Ballistic Tip, e-tip, partition, etc... product/cartridge/grain recommendations for various species etc...

I've poked around their site for this info, but it would be great to see it here, distilled for this audience.

What can I say ? I've been using Nosler since the 80's. Partitions, Solid Base (sure do miss them), BT's and now AB's. Never saw any reason to experiment with a different brand.

uhhhhh....ummm.....would it be too much to ask for the 200gr .388 BT ?? :)

I really wish I could find a factory load of their 150g E-tips for 30-06.

BigFin, I assume you haven't had any issues with lack of expansion on the 168 gr .308? I don't know what distance you are shooting from but I slept in a Holiday Inn and read too much online so that I'm worried about expansion under 2000 fps. It looks that happens a little under 400 yards for the 165 trophy coppers, so probably not an issue, but I like that the 150s keep going about 100 fps faster at the same distances (usually).

Note: I see that Federal loads the Nosler E-Tip 150g in .308 but not 30-06 for some reason.

I really wish I could find a factory load of their 150g E-tips for 30-06.

BigFin, I assume you haven't had any issues with lack of expansion on the 168 gr .308? I don't know what distance you are shooting from but I slept in a Holiday Inn and read too much online so that I'm worried about expansion under 2000 fps. It looks that happens a little under 400 yards for the 165 trophy coppers, so probably not an issue, but I like that the 150s keep going about 100 fps faster at the same distances (usually).

Note: I see that Federal loads the Nosler E-Tip 150g in .308 but not 30-06 for some reason.

Nosler loads the 168 and 180 etip as well, but both keep above 2,000fps beyond 400 and above 1,900 at 500.

http://www.nosler.com/e-tip-lead-free-ammunition

That is great. I've been using Noslers for years and they are my go-to bullet.

What can I say ? I've been using Nosler since the 80's. Partitions, Solid Base (sure do miss them), BT's and now AB's. Never saw any reason to experiment with a different brand.

uhhhhh....ummm.....would it be too much to ask for the 200gr .388 BT ?? :)

.388?

If you mean .338, they are still sold in the CT boxes....

Shoot a lot of other stuff in our family, but most of the killin is done by Noslers. mtmuley

I've used nothing but Noslers for the past 30 years and never found a reason to even think of switching to anything else. Glad to welcome them on board !!

Shot my elk this year with a 180 BT out of my 338 Fed. Next year is looking like 180 AB, 210 PT or 200 ETip. Would like a .338 180 ETip. Nosler are you listening?! ;)

Last edited:
Back