Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Welcome Nosler Bullets and Ammunition

They just work.

I have been a big fan of Nosler bullets for all my life. The 30 cal 180 partition has been amazing in the 06 and 300win. The 260 accubond in 375 H&H is a hell of a coyote/mule deer load as well. Couple pics from my "mixed bag" safari in southeast Oregon a couple years ago. I won the CZ 550 in 375 and this seemed like a good way to test it out. No tracking was required.

Attachments

• 232323232fp43446_nu=3362_288_535_2453288626236ot1lsi.jpg
    232323232fp43446_nu=3362_288_535_2453288626236ot1lsi.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 520
  • doe 375.jpg
    doe 375.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 492
use the partitions a lot,,have asked nosler to produce a 85-90 gr partition in 264,,just the bees knees in a small case like grendel or 204 size

Nosler bullets are all I have used since my father got me started in reloading in 1972! Really...................Noslers are the only bullets I have used!!

6mm Remington 100 gr. Partition - coyotes, antelope, deer, and one spike bull elk so far!

6mm Remington (son's rifle) 90 gr. E-tip - coyotes, antelope, deer, and a large cow elk - his first with one shot at 350 yards - went 20 yards and died!

25-06 Remington - 120 gr. Partition (wife's rifle) she's taken antelope and deer - I've shot deer, antelope, and elk with it. Spike bull at 350 yards and let a young lad shoot his first cow with it also. One shot 250 yards.

280 Remington - 140 gr. Partition - Lots of coyotes, antelope, deer, and elk to include my largest elk so far. A really nice 6x6 at 250 yards. Two shots right behind the shoulder. He only took a couple steps and went down.

280 AI - Finally had a custom rifle put together!! 140 gr. Partitions at 3230 fps and built on a Model 70 Classic sporter rifle - Love that thing. First year cow elk at 450 yards one shot - went about 30 yards and done. Small 4pt whitetail buck at about 150 yards, one shot and dropped in his tracks. Cannot wait to try loading some 140 gr. Accubonds and maybe the E-tips as well. Hard to beat those darn Partitions though!

30-06 - Lots of coyotes, antelope, deer, and elk. Started with the 165 gr. Solid Base boattail until they stopped making those. Went to the 165 gr. Partition with its usual fantastic performance. Now using 165 gr. Accubonds and still one happy hunter. Those Accubonds sure are fantastic bullets.

300 WSM - (Son's Winchester Model 70!!) 180 gr. Accubonds. He took his second elk with this load. One shot 150 yards and dropped on the spot.

Nosler bullets all the way baby!

Last edited:
Love the .338 250 gr partition in my .340 Weatherby mag. I load them in front of 86 gr of RL22. Velocity is 3050 fps. Zeroed 2 inches high at 100 yds its only 5 inches low at 350. Tipped over moose, elk, deer, antelope with very minimal meat damage. The load is safe in my custom rifle. Start below when working up your load. GJ

Why such heavy bullets out of the 28. Wouldn't a 165 or 150 be better for deer sized game.

I wish I could find factory Nosler Partition ammo locally to try out in my .308. I can only find it online, and then shipping kills me.
I worry about the Accubond not expanding enough on longer shots and the Ballistic Tip wouldn’t be good for Roosevelt Elk.

I always shot Federal Premium Troohy Bonded when I first started hunting big game, and used Hornady SST the past couple years with good success but I feel that it isn’t quite stout nenough for bull elk.

Based on gel test footage and some personal testimony from a friend of mine. The Accubond seems to need higher velocity to expand fully, much like the mono-metals. Partitions seem to be more consistent on expansion and still retain good weight.

If I’m wrong about the Accubond, let me know. I just want a good elk bullet that’ll penetrate enough but not get minimal expansion.

Last edited:
I’m certainly no expert, but I haven’t seen anything to leave any doubt in the performance of an Accubond. But I’ve also never shot anything with one past 300 or so. Expansion in that range has been fantastic. How far you talking about shooting?

I have a Nosler ammunition specific question, I have seem many threads on twist, but nothing lines up directly to my question. I was all set to switch to a Nosler partitioned or accubond ammo but have put a hold on that because the ballistics page on the site states a twist requirement of 1:12.

I have a Remington 7600 in 30-06 with a 1:10. Id like to sight in with a 150gr. any comments or other round advice?

I have a Nosler ammunition specific question, I have seem many threads on twist, but nothing lines up directly to my question. I was all set to switch to a Nosler partitioned or accubond ammo but have put a hold on that because the ballistics page on the site states a twist requirement of 1:12.

I have a Remington 7600 in 30-06 with a 1:10. Id like to sight in with a 150gr. any comments or other round advice?
Nosler's load data for the 30-06 uses a 1:10 barrel for testing the 150 grain bullets. I don't see where you got the 1:12 number, but wherever it is, my guess is it means 1:12, or faster (meaning 1:10 would be fine). I think you're good. My advice: Go with a 165 instead. You won't notice the difference in recoil and drop isn't much worse, but BC is better for longer shots and it would make me more comfortable if critters larger than deer were on the menu. I've never used Partitions, but they're obviously legendary and I can attest that the accubond is one sweet bullet! Good luck!

I do all my own loading and I cant say enough good things about the accuracy and performance on game that I get with accubonds.

I have a Browning A-Bolt chambered in 338 Win Mag that I have shot nothing but Federal Premium ammunition with 210 grain Nosler partitions for hunting for 20 years. I reload the same 210 partitions to replicate the factory ammo then shot only factory ammo when hunting. I am just now starting to get into target shooting with my rifle and have several boxes of different Nosler bullets that I am going to play with on paper. At this time, I feel pretty confident that I will go back to my tried and true 210 partitions for hunting but will experiment with different weight bullets on paper just to see what I get for results. I just did get a box of the 265 grain "Extended Long Range" Accubond bullets that I am anxious to load and shoot. One of my bigger problems right now is, how do I tell my wife that I need a larger reloading room?

I wish I could find factory Nosler Partition ammo locally to try out in my .308. I can only find it online, and then shipping kills me.
I worry about the Accubond not expanding enough on longer shots and the Ballistic Tip wouldn’t be good for Roosevelt Elk.

I always shot Federal Premium Troohy Bonded when I first started hunting big game, and used Hornady SST the past couple years with good success but I feel that it isn’t quite stout nenough for bull elk.
I have shot or seen quite a few animals shot with Nosler Accubonds, Partitions, and E-tips (my son's rifle). They all have worked very well. I also have tested each of these three types of bullets from Nosler by shooting them into water jugs from 25 yards to 100 - 200 - 300 - 400 - and 500 yards. I haven't caught an E-tip yet at 500 yards and haven't tried for a while. I line up the gallon jugs at these distances and shoot into them to check for expansion, penetration, and weight retention. The Partitions, Accubonds, and E-tips all did very well. You will be very impressed with the Accubond bullet on elk and I would tell you use them with confidence in your 308 on elk.

David

I wouldn’t be taking shots past 400 yards. Most would be 200 or less, shooting a .308 in 165 or 180 gr for elk.
My personal thoughts are that you cannot go wrong with either the Partitions or Accubonds on elk. If shipping cost is an issue just periodically keep checking different web sites. Eventually you will find someone who will offer free shipping on orders over $???? My hunting partner and myself have been looking for the 265 grain Extended Long Range Accubonds for our 338's for ni8ne months. I just did find some at Mid-South shooters supply, I had to purchase a $7.00 book to get over the amount needed for free shipping but did it. You may have to purchase two or three boxes of ammo instead of one box. Look at it this way you will be stocked up for may elk hunting season to come.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back