New Kansas Member

Ttannahill14

Hello!

Been looking to join a forum for a while now and after researching a few I decided this is the community I want to join.

I am 25, born and raised Kansan, currently living in Central Kansas (about an hour north of Wichita). I work at an insurance agency as a producer which I love because it gives me the flexibility to go hunt almost whenever I would like. I am getting married this Summer to a farmers daughter and that is where most of my hunting opportunities come from now... although I have put in a decade of public walk in hunting so don't think I've had it too easy.

My hunting background is I am a waterfowl hunter first, followed by Whitetail. I'll walk some CRP fields a few times a month for pheasant and quail. I have been raccoon and coyote hunting but would not call my self an expert by any means. I really don't like turkey hunting, probably because I suck at it for some reason... never been able to constantly harvest birds.

I am intrigued by the west. I went on an elk hunt fall of 2014 in Colorado and did not see a bull. I was out of shape, lost most of the time, and breaking every rule in the book to successfully harvest a bull. But I had fun.

This year myself and 2 buddies have a Wyoming antelope hunt for fall 2016. With success harvest rates as high as they are in Wyoming we are really excited to hopefully shoot a "western" animal and have an adventure.

I'll probably ask a lot of questions about western hunting, and I'll and chime in on anything whitetail/waterfowl related.

I'm a college football fan, Kansas State Wildcats are my team. I actually played there until 2012, and had a short stint with the Cleveland Browns. Football really got in the way of hunting.

Welcome to HuntTalk!

(check your inbox for private messages)

Last edited:
Welcome fellow Kansan! Pronghorn hunting in Wyoming is a good place to get your feet wet in western hunting and just a plain enjoyable hunt.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, besides a few grumpy butts around here the majority are always willing to help.

Welcome, I'm heading to Kansas this weekend to hunt pheasant with a couple of buddies that live in Baldwin. Don't know where all I know they said western Kansas. You will love this forum it's the only one I'm on also.

Welcome Travis. EMAW!! I'm a 1977 (BS) and 1982 (DVM) KSU graduate. Always good to have fellow Kansans on the forum.....Especially Cats!

Good intro and welcome. I am a former flatlander (Hoosier) and am now a Rocky Mountain dude. The more you get out here the more you will want to stay.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back