Which Meat Grinder?

The best one I have found happens to be operated and owned by the best neighbor on my block. I show up with my animal, he magically transforms it into steaks and grinds it in seconds. I've also been told it will grind your entire arm off in seconds.

I am not allowed to touch it, and that is my favorite kind of grinder :)
A dream find at a good price. They don't go cheap very often. Nice!

The best one I have found happens to be operated and owned by the best neighbor on my block. I show up with my animal, he magically transforms it into steaks and grinds it in seconds. I've also been told it will grind your entire arm off in seconds.

I am not allowed to touch it, and that is my favorite kind of grinder :)

That looks just like the unit I used this year. A buddy of mine that does his own beef every year let me borrow it. It doesn't have a shield to keep the meat from shooting out when there's a little meat explosion every now and then. I'll bet you had some meat on the floor with that baby. It's a meat eating hog.

Cabelas 1HP for me too...works great. I sold my small commercial hobart as the Cabelas does everything I need.

attachment.php

Man if I did that to our kitchen table my wife would chop my you know what off.

Does the Kitchen aid have different grind plates?

Nemont

How could your wife overlook the "free meat" part of it?

I'd take a hard look at the STX Turboforce II if I were you. We just reviewed about a dozen or so meat grinders, and that one outperformed & outlasted the rest of them by a mile. Cabelas meat grinders are pretty good, but they are simply another brand's grinder with the Guide Gear label slapped on it.

The STX Turboforce II actually has a patented cooling system that has been proven to almost double the life of the unit, which is certainly never a bad thing!

You can check out our review article here: https://theuplandhunter.com/best-meat-grinder-reviews/

I'd take a hard look at the STX Turboforce II if I were you. We just reviewed about a dozen or so meat grinders, and that one outperformed & outlasted the rest of them by a mile. Cabelas meat grinders are pretty good, but they are simply another brand's grinder with the Guide Gear label slapped on it.

The STX Turboforce II actually has a patented cooling system that has been proven to almost double the life of the unit, which is certainly never a bad thing!

You can check out our review article here: https://theuplandhunter.com/best-meat-grinder-reviews/

Seeing that this thread was started in January of 2016 and hasnt had a post since February of 2016 I imagine he has already made up his mind

Old thread for sure but timing is right as lots of guys that got lucky this fall are looking into grinding. We recently bought a LEM 1/2 bitbite grinder. We went with LEM because we also bought the 25lb meat mixer that the grinder can run as well. We make a lot of things that require mixing and the meat mixer is fantastic. Way better than mixing by hand.

do you have to grind twice with that setup? I have the grinder attachment but ex-wife ended up with the mixer so never tried it.

I don't have to, but I typically do. That attachment came with two plates - one somewhat coarse, and the other fine. I have done one run through the coarse plate and it worked fine as just burgered elk, but running it through the fine plate afterwards makes the burger more suitable to be summer sausage, breakfast sausage, or is still fine as just plain burger.

do you have to grind twice with that setup? I have the grinder attachment but ex-wife ended up with the mixer so never tried it.
I only run it through once. Works well enough for me and I'm a fan of the mixer as a grinder. Or at least not having to buy and then store another piece of gear.

We use a #32 grinder we bought from LEM fitted with a 1HP motor and belt. Can grind as fast as you can add the meat. I also have the Kitchen aid one. It burnt up my Kitchen aid after 2 deer. I will only use that for small batches now and I even had a higher end kitchen aid.

And to some of the comments early in the post there is nothing wrong with a man owning a stand mixer! I have 2 I bought my first one in college a 7QT Viking that thing will out perform my kitchenaid any day of the week.. Wish they still made them. I did get some looks being 20 years old and spending $700 on a mixer at the store the ladies asked if it was for my mom and when I said it was for me the look on there face was priceless.

anyone use the $150 STX model? I was going to purchase one but dont need anything too fancy as I would only be grinding up to 2 white tails a year; otherwise i was going to get the $100 cabelas brand

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back