Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

new guy from virginia

Tugrivercopper

new guy from virginia here, looking to research some western hunts. Want to do antelope this year (hopefully) and within a few years Elk!!

this looked like a good place to start!! lurked here for a while and everyone seems really friendly!

Welcome, there's a few virginia guys on here. Good luck with your planning you can pick up some good tips here. Pronghorn are a good choice to start.

Welcome to the male medical, money management, and marital mentoring forum ... if you read closely you might even learn and enjoy some hunting information and read some good hunting stories, often with great photos.

new guy from virginia here, looking to research some western hunts. Want to do antelope this year (hopefully) and within a few years Elk!!

this looked like a good place to start!! lurked here for a while and everyone seems really friendly!

Good place on here. Glad to see somebody else on here from va.

thanks vaspeedgoat!! i see your from timberville, i am from highland county

When guys on here call you a tenderfoot just remind them you are from "western" Virginia in the mountains. Lol. Tons of good threads to search through on here to help you plan. Send me a pm if you hit a roadblock. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I have been in your shoes not too long ago.

When guys on here call you a tenderfoot just remind them you are from "western" Virginia in the mountains. Lol. Tons of good threads to search through on here to help you plan. Send me a pm if you hit a roadblock. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I have been in your shoes not too long ago.

thanks man, based on your name and profile pic, I was maybe gonna do that very thing lol

I want to get my feet wet on the west with a pronghorn hunt first, then maybe graduate to mule deer then on to the almighty elk

Welcome fellow easterner! This is a good place to start. Search and read alot of old threads and you will gain alot of good information here.

Wolves, mt lions, grizzlies, extreme weather........all are childsplay to finding Jim Bobs moonshine still. Dueling banjos is the official appalachian anthem. Lol

When I was in the Army a buddy of mine was from way backwoods Kentucky and we decided to go to his families home on a 4 day pass. The night before we were due to leave he tells me to grab my coat and lets go...it's 2 AM and he's carrying empty drinking water gallon jugs. We go slipping through the woods half drunk thinking we were really quiet. We find his neighbor's stills...just as we're filling up the last jug some old sounding man screams who's there and Adam starts running, So, I start running, but he forgot the jugs, so I go back for the jugs as I hear a shotgun slide rack a shell...I run for the fence and toss the jugs over and shots start ringing out...Adam screams...another shot then my ass starts burning...I start to go over the fence and BAM...he gets me in the arm and ass again...so we grab the jugs and keep running...I think I'm dying. We get back to Adam's mom's house and after she smacks the piss out of us she drives us to the hospital. Apparently the old man had his shotgun filled with rock salt rounds and when we ran, we ran right past him about 20 feet from him. So, Needless to say, the ride home was rather sore after getting rock salt dug out of my ass and we couldn't say anything to our chain of command that we were hurt, so PT sucked for a few weeks. But, we had a couple gallons of shine and were the most popular guys in the barracks :hump:

Moral of the story....if you want to screw with some old man's stills...make sure that old man isn't a hermit 'crazy old' Viet Nam veteran with trip wires and booby traps out and stuff. :W:

Lesson Learned... Being in the military does not automatically make you stealthy and give you good woodsmanship skills and bivy abilities when you are drunk :eek:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I live in Floyd Co.
You've come to a good place.
Don't forget to post up some pics and stories.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back