Issues in my state. I'm a simple life long desert rat
and I am feeling very overwhelmed. It seems as though no
one cares all that much in nevada we have more
public land than most other states and it seems it's all
lorded over by feral horses. Bullfrogs are becoming more and
more prevalent along with milfoil quagga muscles and zebra clams
But to get to the point I know the problems of my state
what can I do to be part of the solution and actually make a difference

Interesting first post, I hope that others more familiar with the state read this. There are a ton of guys on here with a better handle on this sort of thing. Welcome aboard and I hope you get some guidance.

I see it's been a few months since you posted this, but I just came across it this morning. I'm still finding my way around the forum.

I agree that there seems to be much indifference out there and I'm also looking to get more involved. I started going to our county's (Washoe) Wildlife Commision Advisory Committee meeting a year ago. They only meet about every other month, so it's not a huge time commitment. You can f8nd out the when's, where's, and agenda item's on NDOW's website. Usually there is vutually no one there. I haven't said much, but there is a public comment time for each topic. It's been a way to get educated about what's going on and what the state Wildlife Commision is doing. In fact, I just went to the January meeting last night.

Randy did a podcast with Backcountry Hunters and Anglers a while back. I think I'm on the same page as this group. I will be looking to get involved with them in the weeks to come. Don't know if that helps, but that's what I've found so far.

Go to the NDOW webstie and see how to get involved. They are always looking for volunteers to help with various projects.

Organizations such as the RMEF have many opportunities to make a difference for habitat and wildlife while being very appreciative of their volunteers.
With habitat improvement projects, fund raisers and many other opportunities it's hard to beat.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back