Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sell me a new truck

I read this thread over a couple of times and although the response is aa bit late I think you made a sound rational choice of vehicle. Of all the trucks out there it is still one of the few that actually looks like a pickup truck.

Great thread Randy - thanks to all who contributed. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed that tire chains can be used on the front tires of the 2017 Titan. I've checked the manual and as expected it says "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels."

Also, it seems that the front end of the Titan is a bit long, making the approach angle worse than the 2015. A leveling kit upfront would help, but I'm wondering if this single fact makes the 2015 Titan the most useful for what we do. Thoughts anyone?

I'm also considering the Tundra even if a rear locker is needed. The 6.5 bed with a more usable rear seat and a 38 gallon tank are huge pluses over the Titan. I have not heard of a way to get chains on the fronts of Tundra yet. If anyone has cracked this riddle, you'd be a saint to share it here.

Great thread Randy - thanks to all who contributed. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed that tire chains can be used on the front tires of the 2017 Titan. I've checked the manual and as expected it says "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels."

The manual on the 2005-2015 Titans says the same thing. You just need to inspect closely and make sure your chain design and installation allows for clearance. Make sure you inspect for when you are turning, also. Turning can cause some narrower clearances when running chains on the front.

Apologies if I missed it Randy, but I didn't get your full list of upgrades for the F-150. Can you share your specific list?

For those interested, I got a quote for a '17 Tundra from 4wheelparts for an ARB air locker (ARBRD146), air compressor, 3 year warranty, and labor - $2,737 (includes tax and $880 labor).

I'm in the market and have been looking closely at the 2015 and older SV and Pro-4x Titans. The Pro is pushing my price limit pretty hard. I don't think I need the locking rear - or I could install it for the price difference anyway. The skid plates on the SV seem ok. What else am I giving up?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back