Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

New dog journey...

Got the electric fence in the ground. Gonna buy some dog food this week. One week from today!

Yesterday was a bit of a long day. Drove 4hrs one way, then 4hrs back the other.

I'd like to introduce Hank! Here he is with the boys ready for his first car ride!

He didn't get sick, but didn't sleep either as the bumps made him a bit unsure of what was going on. We made it home and he's starting to get everything scoped out and 'marked'... ;)

Yes, he can grab that football and pack it around like a champ!

It was a long and stressful day for him and the boys.

But by this morning they are starting to settle into a bit of a groove for the first day of Christmas Break!

Oh, there'll be lots more pics to be posted, but I'm not sure how you guys do it. Puppies do not make for easy picture subjects.

1_pointer,
If the ducks show up before season is out, we need to get together to do some hunting. We've only got 3 weeks left but I'm not hearing of any significant numbers.

Good to meet ya, Hank.
Congrats to the pointer family.

Commence memory making.......don't forget to post stories and pics along the way.

JDH- These temps are helping bring any ducks down that's fo' sho'! Now if I could just start sluicing all the geese in my neighborhood...

Thanks for the kind works folks. There'll be lots of pics taken, but I'm guessing they'll pale in comparison to the standard folks like miller have established.

Last night we took Hank for a short walk. Mostly to get him started in getting used to a leash. About two houses down, he stops and stretches out with his tail up. My oldest got all excited,

"Look Dad he's pointing!"

"No son, he's peeing."

Glad to see him excited about it though.

It's been a long time since we've had a puppy in the house and have never had one since we've had kids. My 5yo is fond of him, but Hank plays a bit rough for him. For now he's had to switch to lounging in jeans instead of pajama pants as the dog's teeth don't poke through them as easy... :D

He's about as cute as they come. I used to start my pups with a sock filled with feathers. Short tosses while sitting on the floor with them. Get ready for some serious chewing.

NHY- Febreeze for the the accidents or some other use?

Brittany- Good suggestion, hadn't thought of that. I do think Santa has a couple of small, canvas dummies coming this way. The chewing has started. We'll do our best to stay awash in rawhides and other chewables for some time.

Keep the house clean and bitter Apple spray.

Pick a program to follow, and stick with it, be consistent, and post pics!

10 week old picture! He's growing FAST!

Sorry for the crappy picture, but getting a puppy to hold still enough for a freaking iPhone that you are not teaching to sit on command is maddening. I'll try later with a real camera.

The past week's 'Training' has been going well. He's starting to better understand what NO means and comes when called...some of the time. The biggest two victories are that he is kenneling on command and has calmed greatly when on a lead. We've taken a lot of walks. Not sure if I'd call it retrieving training, but he's chasing things in the house and yard when thrown and bringing them back. Yesterday we starting getting him used to the invisible dog fence and collar. Hot dogs are helping him get the idea very quickly.

Later this week we are heading down to the cabin to get him some field time. Be interesting to see how bold he is off leash in the fields and woods. Hopefully there'll be a few dead critters for him to get a snort of. Also plan on starting some short tracking drills with hot dogs.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back