Caribou Gear

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Unlimited success

wolf1.JPG

wolf.JPG

mdeer.JPGWell.... A week ago today, I was giving a different side of my unit a try... I went to head across the drainage to get a vantage point for glassing, and when I got to the streambank, I jumped a wolf, whom I'd later discover was waiting out a mule deer buck he had cornered in the water.
I hurriedly ripped my rifle off my pack. While doing this I lost track of the wolf, and was scrambling around trying to locate him, and trying to make sense of why there was a half drowned buck in the water.
My hunting partner spotted him, and we put him down from about 300 yards. I was, and still am, absolutely in shock how this went down.
When I lived in Butte for college, I hunted wolves so hard, and got close so many times, but could never seal the deal, and now I stumble into one this size and this color while on a sheep hunt! Absolutely amazing.

We coaxed the deer out of the water, and looked him over pretty good from about 40 yards for wounds. He was mainly just cold and wet, and was missing a little hair in a patch, but had no open wounds, and was not bleeding. I believe he's going to make it.

Wow, that is interesting. Do most quotas get filled every year? Seems like I've heard of them going unfilled in the past but could be wrong.

I really need to dial in a plan for the next few years....

Tanner

I was recently at a guys house that had three unlimited's full mounted... 2 his, one his son... And they were all absolutely beautiful rams... Really got me to thinking!!

Hope all you guys had a great season!

I was recently at a guys house that had three unlimited's full mounted... 2 his, one his son... And they were all absolutely beautiful rams... Really got me to thinking!!

Hope all you guys had a great season!

I believe I met this guy the day I got that wolf. I can't imagine there are too many guys that have accomplished that. Initials DG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back