Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

From what I have read, getting one ram in the unlimited area is quite an accomplishment. Getting two is amazing. Congratulations!

Congrats on a great ram and good luck to you and your fellow Hunt Talker on the goat expedition! Looking forward to reading about both hunts.

I think same little birdie tipped me off too. Nice job Travis! Btw.... in 7yrs count me in, in owe you some pack time.
I predict you'll be packing more this week with Ethan! Good luck guys!

Fellas-
I just finished my first adventure into the Unlimited districts. A spendy tag for a non-resident, the beartooths certainly returned my monies worth of strenuous and treacherous hikes, a little snow, biting winds and some mental fatigue...about the only thing missing was that 3/4+ curl ram ;) Despite not filling my tag I view the hunt as an overall huge success. I found way more sheep than I expected, marveled at the breathtaking scenery and was able to watch bears/sheep/mountain goats every day. I've only been home half-a-day but can't stop thinking about it and planning for the next trip.

Best of luck to everyone still out there!
View attachment 87225

I like the photo High-Rise. It reveals that you made your way up to the sheep pastures in your first attempt. That's a pretty good go for a flatland dweller (high-rises have elevators, so I don't credit elevation thus gained).

Living most of the year just 200' above the Strait of Juan De Fuca, and working a sedentary job at the time, the altitude and snow defeated my first attempt 35 years ago.

I can tell you are now bitten, probably infected for life, and will return. It's "maybe next year" for me.

Ok, a couple more.

View attachment 87237

Look in the background to see how concerned his two former traveling companions are about him.
View attachment 87238

Nice job Travis! I'm both envious and jealous.

Given all that "smoke" in the background, all I have to do next year is locate a recently burned ridge to find your stompin' grounds, right?

Are you hunting solo; or does your buddy with the goat tag help out with the packing? Good hunting to you both on that next adventure.

I like the photo High-Rise. It reveals that you made your way up to the sheep pastures in your first attempt. That's a pretty good go for a flatland dweller (high-rises have elevators, so I don't credit elevation thus gained).

Living most of the year just 200' above the Strait of Juan De Fuca, and working a sedentary job at the time, the altitude and snow defeated my first attempt 35 years ago.

I can tell you are now bitten, probably infected for life, and will return. It's "maybe next year" for me.

Thanks Shines,

I got into sheep country which in-and-of itself was a big mental hurdle. I will admit I was sucking some air on day 1. From 500 feet to 10,800 I suppose I couldn't expect much else. I'm in the same boat as you, "maybe next year". For me it will depend on all the draws. Secretly I'm hoping not to pull tags that would interfere so that way I'll be joining you out there ;). Also, sorry to hear about your loss, Shines. Mothers all hold a special place in our hearts.

EYONJAS! Yes, CONGRATS!!! Let's see some pics when you get a chance. Gonna be checking HT all too often today I feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back