Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

I was pretty fortunate to take a limited entry MT bighorn a few years ago. When my wait is over I won't be putting in for another LE tag, it'll be unlimited or nothing. A lot of experienced unlimited guys on this thread have mentioned how important mental toughness is. I know that I am physically capable. I've spent a lot of time in the backcountry, heavy packs, rough terrain. My breakdowns in the backcountry come from the mental side. Huddled in the tent thinking of how nice and dry your bed at home is. As much as I hate to admit it, I've more than once packed it in early. A buddy and I backpacked into the Bob to fish for a few days and I still remember one evening sitting by the fire watching a storm roll in and suddenly feeling very alone, I was overcome with a feeling like I'd never be happy again. I toughed it out for the rest of the trip but that experienced always spooked me. In short, my mental game is weak. I know that if I am to ever be successful at this hunt I've got to be better prepared mentally. Have any of you guys experienced similar problems and how you overcame them?

I was hoping you'd post some pics MTGomer. I just love seeing that country. I really need to get over that way some day.

How much later than normal was it before you could get in there?

Anyone got a smoke report for the high country. Wanting to get out for a couple more scouts but this smoke has me seconding guessing even considering it. Pretty hard to hunt or pound glass for sheep when you can't see 500 yards.

Anyone got a smoke report for the high country. Wanting to get out for a couple more scouts but this smoke has me seconding guessing even considering it. Pretty hard to hunt or pound glass for sheep when you can't see 500 yards.

I was over to Rock Dodge about 3 weeks and it was fine. Since then, Western MT has been putting out smoke like a 6 pack a day chain smoker. How about you go check it out and give us a full report. Big ram coordinates included. :D

REPORT: Due to poor air quality and low visibility I think everyone should just stay home this sheep season and take up knitting. :cool: I'll let you know how it turns out, Big horn ill pass the coordinates to you right after I'm done getting my ram plugged at Shawn's office. Good luck to all attempting this season hopefully we get a little weather change and it puts a few of these fires out. I will say right now I'm probably gonna reconsidering my plans if a guy can't glass. It makes the sheep hunting a little difficult:(

I just listened to the Renella podcast on the unlimited's. You guys who do it have way more mental fortitude than I do... years without seeing a legal ram? I would struggle mightily with that.

REPORT: Due to poor air quality and low visibility I think everyone should just stay home this sheep season and take up knitting. :cool: I'll let you know how it turns out, Big horn ill pass the coordinates to you right after I'm done getting my ram plugged at Shawn's office. Good luck to all attempting this season hopefully we get a little weather change and it puts a few of these fires out. I will say right now I'm probably gonna reconsidering my plans if a guy can't glass. It makes the sheep hunting a little difficult:(

I'll see you at Shawn's office on the 16th when I'm getting my ram plugged. :cool:

Gomer, we can't entertain anything you say till you spill the beans about your Canada sheep hunt!! I've tried to wait long enough!!

Best of luck to you C Bow. I hope you get some smoke free weather. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Next week will be the third best week of my life I am thinking. The first was when my wife said yes 34 years ago. Then the second was when we brought our Lab home 15 years ago. That brings us to next week I am off from work Monday for Labor day then Tuesday is my birthday and Friday I am leaving for the unlimited area for my first sheep hunt. BLESSED BLESSED BLESSED. I would also like to wish everyone that will be hunting a safe and hopeful successful season. This hunt is the only hunt I have not done that I have ever wanted to do. I would also like to Thank all the people that have given advice on equipment and help in this journey.
I hope God will Bless each and everyone and make your hunts successful. Thanks C Bow

Best of luck to you C Bow. I'm rooting for you big time!

Good luck c bow you'll have a blast. The conditions aren't great but your not gonna have a chance on the couch either. Travel safe

I've heard that sheep in the unlimiteds are often in the trees.... anybody know if that's true? :eek:

IMG_2937.jpg

I'm surprised you were even able to get a picture of that one. It must literally be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back