Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: MT Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Bozone View Post
    I may have missed it in an earlier post, but were there any successful Unlimited hunters this season? In the 300s, etc.? Vicariously living through this thread until next year and I can give it a go.
    Both 300's are closed. Nothing at all in the 500's yet.

Quote Originally Posted by beartoothfront View Post
    Both 300's are closed. Nothing at all in the 500's yet.
    Anybody else think the 300 units will get pounded with hunters next year? Especially the one that closed so quickly?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

I wouldn't say pounded but wouldn't surprise me if they go up. Would be interesting to see tag numbers per unit. I haven't spent much time in them but on the cover I think the 300's seem a little more inviting to people compared to the 500's. Also, their closer proximity to Bozeman probably doesn't help all that much. The Meateater podcast will probably spike numbers too. Albeit a good listen I think it will tempt people to go into those mountains who probably shouldn't be up there. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by beartoothfront; 11-16-2017 at 11:18 AM.

500 is pending closure

Awesome. Somebody must have found some down lower toward the wintering areas in the last couple of days. The last time I called in was Monday and there was still nothing from 500.

I know its not an unlimited unit but I was told there are already sheep on the winter range by Earthquake Lake. I haven't been down there in a few weeks.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

I was wondering early on that with 300 and 303 filling so quickly this year that maybe the sheep knew what was coming and began moving out of the park in front of the weather.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314