Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Good luck, They don't have any elevators in these high rises out here.;)

Haha SO true! Those grizzles don't frighten me might quite as much as the elevation does. I'm sure (eye roll) I'll get my a** kicked but I'll get a pair of high country hunts in in the weeks before hand to hopefully help acclimate. Needless to say September is NOT coming fast enough.

Haha SO true! Those grizzles don't frighten me might quite as much as the elevation does. I'm sure (eye roll) I'll get my a** kicked but I'll get a pair of high country hunts in in the weeks before hand to hopefully help acclimate. Needless to say September is NOT coming fast enough.

Good luck and may the force be with you, i wouldn't shrug at the griz too much. They're pretty much the great white shark of the landscape...... no matter how many one sees a guy can't help but get the anxiousness when they present themselves. What are you hunting before the sheep.?

Good luck and may the force be with you, i wouldn't shrug at the griz too much. They're pretty much the great white shark of the landscape...... no matter how many one sees a guy can't help but get the anxiousness when they present themselves. What are you hunting before the sheep.?

That's a great analogy. Although griz are probably scarier. Easy for me to stay out of the ocean, not so easy to stay out of griz country ;) I'll have Utah general archery deer tag then fingers crossed will draw either a NV or CO archery deer. If those don't work out I'll likely head to east ID on an OTC tag. The next month of upcoming draw results will ultimately shape my fall schedule. Besides the Unlimiteds what else do you have in-store for this fall?

Unless I draw a mountain goat or moose tag, all of my time will be consumed by the unlimited units, until my unit closes. All the eggs are in one basket this year. I'll spend some time hunting elk and deer with my family but not much. Good luck

I am JEALOUS! You must live close to the Beartooths. From what I understand, the best recipe for success in the unlimiteds is time-spent and you'll be doing just that. Can't wait to hear your reports Eyjonas! Good luck!

Good luck to everyone! I'll be watching eagerly and helping a few friends out that have some skin in the game this year.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that was talking to someone at the bar that overheard a feller telling this gal that he knew somebody who’s brother talked to a guy that is going to be in there for 12 days on opener this year.

I don’t really ever set up a ‘base camp’. Most hunting is 5-20 miles in. A little less, or a little more under specific circumstances.

I reckon we'll see just how far I can get the pop-up camper into the hills. I can get a pretty good vantage from the top of that thing...

I entertained the idea of a basecamp this year but it's just not going to work with the areas that I want to focus on. Inevitably, if I'm lucky enough to find a ram, it will be 47 1/2 hours walk from the nearest check station to get it plugged in time.

winmag;2735420 Inevitably said:
I'm not fully understanding this...... your gonna walk your ram out in one trip to the nearest check station in 47.5 hours and then back track 47.5 hours to go get your stuff or that's your estimation to get your ram killed, processed, pack out, get to your rig and get to the nearest spot to check him in.

Unless yor hunting in a different state then it shouldn't take more then 3 hours to drive to check him in i don't care which district your in.

I was alluding to the fact that you can get way back into a unit, 20+ miles if you desire, but you still have to present the head to a check station within 48 hours of the kill. So, as Murphy's Law and my luck go, I'll kill one so far back in my unit that I'll be lucky to get it checked in time.

So you're saying the camper is a bad idea? I should bring the RV instead, because it's taller and I should be able to glass better from that?

Unfortunately for my back, my "camper" is actually a Hilleberg Jannu that will be parked somewhere deep in the wilderness babysitting a full curl ram until the opener. You know, the same plan most people have.

Hoping the weather is a bit more pleasant this year. Maybe the equinox storm won't dump 30" this time.

I wish!

Odds are it will turn into a 2 week walk to show my rifle some beautiful scenery and escape from work, which is still a pretty good thing.

I currently have no ambition to sheep hunt or hunt the unlimiteds, but this is probably my favorite thread to keep up with. Good luck to all of yall going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back