Long Walk Rams

I guess if you were talking about Horn Seeker's comment it could seem like he was belittling Dan's ram. You'd have to know that at the time he made the comment he was holding a valid Montana Unit 680 ram tag in his possession. Considering what kind of rams are in the unit he was hunting, I'd agree that shooting a 174" would have been a letdown. I took it that his comments were reflective of what he was hoping to see in his unit, not reflective of the trophy status of Dan's ram.

Agreed, but I don't see where anyone is knocking Dan's ram or the hunt. I think we all agree that even if it "only" scores 174, it is an incredible trophy. Final official scoring is 169 and some odd 16ths.

Dan was trying to get on this thread and add to the story but he was having registration issues. Figures.... anyone simple enough to hike that far with that much weight would have problems figuring out how to post on a web forum! :D

It is so good to turn off the idiot box once again and come to Hunt Talk! Not only do I manage to get away from the aggravation of news and commercials, not to mention a Liberal slant on damn near everything, but I get to share company with really decent people and laugh my butt off at some great wit!

[video=youtube;qPI8FJKxm0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPI8FJKxm0Y&feature=share[/video] A followup video with highlights from Dan's ram hunt.

Great video and beautiful rams ..... but that steepness and distance, I think I messed up my back watching the video. Congrats to the hunters on truly the hunt of a lifetime.

Enjoyed the video. Your back must still be hurting after all those years.

My back is hurting just watching that video. I wasn't on that hunt. Don't think I'm that tough. I might be that stupid, but not that tough. :)

Great ram, and nice video. The stories and memories of a 19 mile trek in that type of terrain outweigh score any day of the week. Looks like a dream hunt to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back