Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cecil the Lion

Waiting to form an opinion once all this animal rights hysteria wears off. Maybe we will get some actual facts.
There are a lot of so called hunters that do things are legal but not at all ethical. Same goes for the PH.

The guides admitted to baiting the lion to go outside the park. These guys are scumbags. The dentist is a convicted felon for a prior poaching charge. Scum

Agreed:

"Palmer is properly licensed and able to practice in the state, according to the Minnesota Board of Dentistry. Board records show Palmer was the subject of a sexual harassment complaint settled in 2006, with Palmer admitting no wrongdoing and agreeing to pay a former receptionist more than $127,000."

Greenhorn--I hate to call a troll a troll. But if you don't have anything worthwhile except a bunch of machismo chest-puffed-out garbage to add to this, gtfo.

Last edited:
What always blows my mind with these stories is all the online bullying and out right death threats from people who supposedly can't stand the violence of hunting.

What always blows my mind with these stories is all the online bullying and out right death threats from people who supposedly can't stand the violence of hunting.

^^ This!

Last year it was an un-named lion and a cheerleader with a smile on her face in the hero shot that caused about the same outrage including death threats and promises of rape.

This is actually a fairly positive story on her - http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opin...-texas-hunter-cheerleader-20140716-story.html

Last edited:
Greenhorn--I hate to call a troll a troll. But if you don't have anything worthwhile except a bunch of machismo chest-puffed-out garbage to add to this, gtfo.

I thought it was funny :D, also one of the reasons I stay on here is to see the pics of all the giant animals Greenhorn kills

I thought it was funny :D, also one of the reasons I stay on here is to see the pics of all the giant animals Greenhorn kills

This. However, I am surprised Greenhorn has flower beds! :D

Meh. I think when you respond with that kind of attitude it only reinforces peoples' beliefs about the hunting community.

I also find it interesting that the anti-hunting community's response is typically violent.

What does all of this say about human nature? At heart, we're animals and we're impulsive. Sometimes it does us good to take a deep breath, get past the emotion, and think critically about the situation. Rather than to freak out about what other people think and act emotionally.

The actual question I had asked in this thread was about hunting in Africa and how it can be done ethically. Whatever the facts turn out to be, I'd be surprised if it turns out this wasn't an incident of poaching. I hope they do throw the book at him, as another HuntTalker said.

I don't really care about anti-hunters. I can't change their mind. But I can for sure change my own. And the way that I prefer to do that is to hear from people with more experience and depth of knowledge on the subject than I have.

Last edited:
The Rogan podcast I referred to is #657. It is worth a listen it talks about hunting in Africa and ways to improve conservation through hunting. As well as how Knowlton and his family were treated by antis on the Internet.

I don't really care about anti-hunters. I can't change their mind. But I can for sure change my own. And the way that I prefer to do that is to hear from people with more experience and depth of knowledge on the subject than I have.

I think the scary part is how many new anti-hunters were created by whatever this turns out to be.

The truth doesn't really matter... any time you shoot a "named" animal an Africa or even Yellowstone it is a slam dunk opportunity for antihunters. These acts are just money in their bank account. Most people are non-hunters and skeptical of trophy hunting in the first place.

Nicole,

Agree with Greenhorn, I wish I were anywhere in his class, Look at his pictures. Ethical, hard, hunter. Is the best hunter, with a few others, on this forum . Top 5 at least. Would not argue with top 1 or 3. I am not there,

Nicole,

Agree with Greenhorn, I wish I were anywhere in his class, Look at his pictures. Ethical, hard, hunter. Is the best hunter, with a few others, on this forum . Top 5 at least. Would not argue with top 1 or 3. I am not there,

You would always agree with someone just because of where they stand in a hierarchy?

I don't disrespect Greenhorn as a person, and if he has something he wants to add in a manner that is not vitriolic and that I can also learn from, I'd be super stoked to hear it.

Last edited:
The hierarchy is a good , hard, ethical hunter. Yes, I would agree with hunter 100 per cent of the time. The priority is ethical.!

Look back at his past 3 years of posting. He hunts in more remote places and finds game, but large animals. But more important than his own hunting success,
I admire his sons hunting skills. The father has taught his son well!

Do not judge the man for posts on one post. He may not give a rat's ass opinion to a African lion!

Last edited:
The world mourns Cecil today. When will the dentist be flogged in public?

I'm planning a vigil in my flower bed in the form of a live trap and a bowl of milk. It would be a leg-hold if I wasn't afraid of the noise, prison time, making the cover of the Comical, and having to suffer the unbearable pain of reading Carolyn Hopper's letters to the editor on the subject. If only she could see the smile in a child's eyes while packing around a bundle of victor #0s and a hammer.

Don't call me Jim Durfey.

Has there been lion lives matter protests yet?

The media needed something to take the spot light off of planned parenthood.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back