MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Deadheads - Let's see 'em

I spotted this whitetail the middle of a pivot in December with the help of the birds that were feeding on him. Tracked down the landowner and got permission to retrieve the head.

Attachments

• 103_0020.jpg
    103_0020.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,827
IMG_1467.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

These are 2 that I have found this year in Ohio. The half rack I found on public land rabbit hunting and the 12 point is a buck we found on private property.

Found this bull a couple years ago. Could see him from the road in a very popular shed hunting area. Was only visible for a brief moment as you drove down the road, but I was looking at just the right time under just the right lighting.

IMG_1957.JPG

I'm not sure what killed him, but bears, lions and wolves all fed on him from the tracks all around him.

6036181264_9478dd12b7_b.jpg

Glassing a local herd near home to see if they had dropped. All bucks still holding both antlers. About 200 yards from their bed was a spinal column and rib cage. 40 yards down the slope I glassed up this big three point deadhead

deadhead.jpg

Found yesterday while hunting for pigs in Sam Houston National Forest:

Found this guy a few weeks ago. By far the oldest deadhead/shed i've ever found. Around here, antlers don't last more than a year but this guy had moss growing on it. Only about 60 yards from a busy highway so im guessing someone out there has an expensive memory of this guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,196
Found this bull this spring and he had been dead at least 2 years. Decided to give him to a friend to hang in his cabin so we re-colored it. See it in "after the boil".
We don't usually put color on deadheads but this bull was pretty neat and the friend is a good one so we thought why not.

DSCN0702.jpgDSCN0701.jpg

This buck was our management buck target for 2015 but we found him dead that year, while walking up to another deer I harvested.
He was aged at 8 1/2 years.

IMG_9471.jpg

Deadhead

Lucky find last spring. Measured 149 something. The bird on the top is a young Downy woodpecker that flew into the garage. Made a good picture. I helped it out with a fishing net. First time trying to post a pic

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back