Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 137 of 137
  1. #126

    Default

    Dang, That is a impressive buck.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Phillipston, MA
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Found these guys on a trip to Ontario in 2007. The buck was either shot and not recovered and the wolves tore him apart or the wolves hunted him down and tore him apart.
    Name:  2007_1031_114226.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  229.6 KB

    The moose had been there a long time
    Name:  2007_1103_120530.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  174.2 KB

  3. #128

    Default

    Name:  Deadhead 17.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  75.3 KB

    The one trophy from this hunting season
    "I'll be halfway to heaven with paradise waitin'
    Five miles away from wherever I am."

  4. #129

    Default

    I stumbled onto this fella while taking the dogs for a walk on the public lands of Montana last weekend. If not for the lone magpie flushing from the site, I would have probably walked right by him at 30 yards. It seems like winter got the best of him as there was no evidence of wolves or mountain lion at the kill site. I plan on stretching a tape on him before too long and a boil and bleach after that. I am feeling pretty lucky as this is the last thing I thought I'd run into on a random dog walk. This is my first attempt at posting a photo so bear with me if it goes awry.

    Name:  deadhead 20180127.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  87.0 KB

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Wyoming
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Phor-O-six is that bull from a general unit? Hard to believe that is winter kill though maybe it is.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

  6. #131

    Default

    375 - It was in a general unit. Ultimately, it is tough to say what got him. I just would have expected more consumption if it were a wolf or lion kill. I also checked for bullet holes or subcutaneous hemorrhaging, but was not able to find any. That said, the hide was pretty frozen and even a poor man's necropsy was not possible.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Wyoming
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phor-O-six View Post
    375 - It was in a general unit. Ultimately, it is tough to say what got him. I just would have expected more consumption if it were a wolf or lion kill. I also checked for bullet holes or subcutaneous hemorrhaging, but was not able to find any. That said, the hide was pretty frozen and even a poor man's necropsy was not possible.
    Yeah I hear ya. It sounds like winter is most probable without a CSI team there.

    Glad to hear it was in a general unit in Montana. I was under the impression that there aren't any bull elk left in general units in Montana so glad to see there are still a few dying from random causes.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

  8. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 375H&H View Post
    Yeah I hear ya. It sounds like winter is most probable without a CSI team there.
    Name:  02d6885063eca80b917a17efd2910945ea409dd0487bdf2f0f80c03271c32ee1.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  36.9 KB
    Squirrel!!!

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phor-O-six View Post
    I stumbled onto this fella while taking the dogs for a walk on the public lands of Montana last weekend. If not for the lone magpie flushing from the site, I would have probably walked right by him at 30 yards. It seems like winter got the best of him as there was no evidence of wolves or mountain lion at the kill site. I plan on stretching a tape on him before too long and a boil and bleach after that. I am feeling pretty lucky as this is the last thing I thought I'd run into on a random dog walk. This is my first attempt at posting a photo so bear with me if it goes awry.

    Name:  deadhead 20180127.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  87.0 KB
    he sure looks emaciated along the spine.

  10. #135

    Default

    Good eye bonedogg. I agree.

  11. #136

    Default

    Name:  861FC4D2-6C32-4095-86DC-E1B98206EA82.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  50.0 KBName:  46F263A8-B599-4B84-BBA6-2A3FBF8999B2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  64.5 KB
    Here’s a couple I have found.
    Not sure why the sideways pick is still in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Crumb; 02-12-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Sideways pic

  12. Default

    A good snowy day activity to pull them down. 165-185" but some are very massive old guys.

    Name:  IMG_3404.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  71.6 KB

    Name:  IMG_3402.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  74.0 KB
    Bestowing wisdom and moral purity, even on the unworthy and unwilling... especially upon them.

    An ignore list??? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •