Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 148 of 148
  1. #126

    Default

    Dang, That is a impressive buck.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Phillipston, MA
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Found these guys on a trip to Ontario in 2007. The buck was either shot and not recovered and the wolves tore him apart or the wolves hunted him down and tore him apart.
    Name:  2007_1031_114226.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  229.6 KB

    The moose had been there a long time
    Name:  2007_1103_120530.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  174.2 KB

  3. #128

    Default

    Name:  Deadhead 17.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  75.3 KB

    The one trophy from this hunting season
    "I'll be halfway to heaven with paradise waitin'
    Five miles away from wherever I am."

  4. #129

    Default

    I stumbled onto this fella while taking the dogs for a walk on the public lands of Montana last weekend. If not for the lone magpie flushing from the site, I would have probably walked right by him at 30 yards. It seems like winter got the best of him as there was no evidence of wolves or mountain lion at the kill site. I plan on stretching a tape on him before too long and a boil and bleach after that. I am feeling pretty lucky as this is the last thing I thought I'd run into on a random dog walk. This is my first attempt at posting a photo so bear with me if it goes awry.

    Name:  deadhead 20180127.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  87.0 KB

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Wyoming
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Phor-O-six is that bull from a general unit? Hard to believe that is winter kill though maybe it is.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

  6. #131

    Default

    375 - It was in a general unit. Ultimately, it is tough to say what got him. I just would have expected more consumption if it were a wolf or lion kill. I also checked for bullet holes or subcutaneous hemorrhaging, but was not able to find any. That said, the hide was pretty frozen and even a poor man's necropsy was not possible.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northern Wyoming
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phor-O-six View Post
    375 - It was in a general unit. Ultimately, it is tough to say what got him. I just would have expected more consumption if it were a wolf or lion kill. I also checked for bullet holes or subcutaneous hemorrhaging, but was not able to find any. That said, the hide was pretty frozen and even a poor man's necropsy was not possible.
    Yeah I hear ya. It sounds like winter is most probable without a CSI team there.

    Glad to hear it was in a general unit in Montana. I was under the impression that there aren't any bull elk left in general units in Montana so glad to see there are still a few dying from random causes.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

  8. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 375H&H View Post
    Yeah I hear ya. It sounds like winter is most probable without a CSI team there.
    Name:  02d6885063eca80b917a17efd2910945ea409dd0487bdf2f0f80c03271c32ee1.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  36.9 KB
    Squirrel!!!

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phor-O-six View Post
    I stumbled onto this fella while taking the dogs for a walk on the public lands of Montana last weekend. If not for the lone magpie flushing from the site, I would have probably walked right by him at 30 yards. It seems like winter got the best of him as there was no evidence of wolves or mountain lion at the kill site. I plan on stretching a tape on him before too long and a boil and bleach after that. I am feeling pretty lucky as this is the last thing I thought I'd run into on a random dog walk. This is my first attempt at posting a photo so bear with me if it goes awry.

    Name:  deadhead 20180127.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  87.0 KB
    he sure looks emaciated along the spine.

  10. #135

    Default

    Good eye bonedogg. I agree.

  11. #136

    Default

    Name:  861FC4D2-6C32-4095-86DC-E1B98206EA82.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  50.0 KBName:  46F263A8-B599-4B84-BBA6-2A3FBF8999B2.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  64.5 KB
    Here’s a couple I have found.
    Not sure why the sideways pick is still in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Crumb; 02-12-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Sideways pic

  12. Default

    A good snowy day activity to pull them down. 165-185" but some are very massive old guys.

    Name:  IMG_3404.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  71.6 KB

    Name:  IMG_3402.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  74.0 KB
    Bestowing wisdom and moral purity, even on the unworthy and unwilling... especially upon them.

    An ignore list??? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose?

  13. #138

    Default

    Name:  deadhead2018.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  88.7 KB

    Found this one last Friday.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richardton, ND
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Name:  Dead head elk.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  58.7 KB
    Found in SW Montana a few years ago

  15. Default

    These pictures do not do not do this buck justice....

    Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  77.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  40.9 KB

  16. Default

    Now thats a smoker there! Gotta be Canadian
    Ain't doing half bad for a half full glass - Drake White

  17. #142

    Default

    Name:  Dead Head.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  345.4 KB

    This one is from last year. Cant wait until the snow goes away...

  18. #143

    Default

    Fishing the Green river in Utah and the dog decided to head up a canyon and ran across this>Name:  IMG_20180327_145745.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  162.1 KBName:  IMG_20180327_145634.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  150.5 KB

  19. #144

    Default

    Mallardsx2 that's a impressive deer, even if the pictures don't do it justice.
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

  20. #145

    Default

    Name:  IMG_0978.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  187.0 KB
    26" wide after about 5 miles of hiking

  21. #146

    Default

    Found this in AZ on my brothers late season hunt from this past fall.

    Last edited by Backcountry Hunter 2; 06-26-2018 at 10:17 AM.

  22. #147

    Default

    A couple from this shed season.




    Good bases, but everything else is chewed off.


  23. #148

    Default

    Picked clean and weather bleached when found

    Name:  bou.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  51.6 KB

    These where found at the end of moose season. Illegal for a 3 brow tine unit. Head full of maggots, nothing else around

    Name:  moose head.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  41.4 KB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •