Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Unit 45-1

kzkammo3

First year putting in for Idaho and I wasn't expecting to draw this but it was close to home so I put in anyways. Really excited and cant wait to get out and start scouting. What's the quality like on the unit? Anyone have any pics or any experience on that hunt.

Thanks

are you serious??? It's possibly the best unit in Idaho! Assuming you are serving our country I won't give you too much crap and it's quite possible someone above is rewarding you for your sacrifice. Spend as much time as you can looking for a monster. Your odds of getting another hunt of this quality are very slim. Good luck!

Yes I am serving. That's what I keep hearing. I am going to be out scouting as much as possible. Hoping somebody has some pics of goats killed there. I want to get out there now and scout but I'm sure its too early. I haven't been goat hunting in at least 12 yrs it should be a blast.

good luck on your goat hunt. I was stationed at Mtn Home in the late 80's. I did some deer and elk hunting in Idaho but never did chase the goats.

well, although still a good hunt I did not reference this being a pronghorn hunt. bummer a deer tag would have been better yet. Oh well, you will still have a good time. Congrats and thank you for your service!

If I remember correctly that unit only gives out like 15 or so tags for antelope and only like 1 for a non resident. Eastman's BHJ rated it excellent for trophy quality for what that is worth. Enjoy your hunt!!!

Well wish I could be of some help but you said that you are currently serving first off thank you for your service, I am sure someone will be happy to help ya out!

The Magic Valley IDFG Office in Jerome would be a great place to start. They have some really good bios there and a very nice land owner coordinator. My son shot a doe antelope in the unit last year and drew again for that hunt this year. Unfortunately the doe hunt is very late to take advantage of the snow pushing them off of the camas prairie drainage that your hunt excludes. We didn't really look the bucks over. The ones we saw nothing really jumped out. 11 to 12 inches.

Just went through there last weekend and didn't see many antelope like usual. I asked a buddy of mine that lives there and he said they caught some bug or disease which killed most of them. Sorry for the bad new but look it up online there some reading about it. Good luck anyway.

I have been out scouting a lot and have seen a lot of bucks. Nothing spectacular but found a couple nice ones. Still looking for that diamond in the rough, looks like the next couple years might produce some really great bucks. Thanks for info guys.

kzkammo3 did you harvest a buck? My son and I drew this tag this year. We live way up north so any info you'd be willing to give would be welcomed! :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back